Delayed menstruation is one of the major concerns. After all, this is a sure sign that not everything is in order with the body. The absence of menstruation may also indicate pregnancy. In some cases, this does not indicate serious reasons - the delay may be due to exposure to external factors.
In the article we will analyze in detail how to cause the menstrual cycle during a delay with the help of medications and folk remedies. We will tell you why there is a delay, in which cases you need to urgently see a doctor, when it is dangerous to stimulate menstruation.
About the cycle
Before we list the ways to cause menstruation with a delay, let's talk a little about the menstrual cycle. To understand why the onset of menstruation may be late.
The cycle itself is a hormone-dependent process. The hormonal background in the body of a woman is very sensitive. He is sensitive to a number of external factors: an improper diet, changes in climatic conditions, stress and overwork, taking certain medications and much more. What causes a delay in menstruation other than pregnancy? As you can see, there can be many reasons.
In the menstrual cycle, two main phases are distinguished - follicular and luteal. Normally, its duration can be from 21 to 35 days.
In the continuation of the follicular phase, a dominant (main) follicle with an egg develops. At the same time, the mucous membrane of the uterus (endometrium) is prepared for the adoption of the embryo. This period lasts an average of 14 days. Then ovulation occurs - the egg leaves the follicle through the oviduct in anticipation of fertilization.
But the follicular phase may be delayed due to external factors. It is because of this that menstruation is delayed. The dominant follicle begins to ripen on the 16-20th day of the cycle. And this leads to a delay of menstruation for 1-15 days.
As for the luteal phase, it is more stable. But in some cases, it also lengthens by 3-5 days, which also leads to a delay in menstruation. But why is this happening?
Why do menstruation go?
During the period of ovulation, the uterus prepares to accept a fertilized egg. At this time, the body is actively working to create comfortable conditions for the future fetus, its development and growth. Then, under the influence of hormones (progesterone and estrogen), the internal mucous membrane of the uterus changes. The endometrium (its name) becomes softer, friable, thick. This is to make it easier for the egg to cling to it and get food.
Thus, after successful fertilization, the egg descends into the uterus and settles on the endometrium already prepared for its adoption. From this begins the development of the fetus.
Ovules that are unfertilized on time die. The thickened endometrium lining the uterus is no longer needed by the body. He gets rid of him. How? First, the level of the hormone progesterone, which regulates the nutrition of the uterine mucosa, decreases. As a result of a lack of necessary nutrients, the endometrium withers, atrophy. Those vessels that bind it to the walls of the uterus are thinning. In the end, they are torn.
Bleeding begins, which is called menstrual bleeding. It is also necessary for the female body in order to wash out the already unnecessary dead endometrium from the uterus.
At the same time, estrogen levels increase in the body. The hormone makes the uterus contract violently. This helps to rupture the blood vessels on which the endometrium rests, pushing out already unnecessary contents from the organ cavity along with menstrual blood.
The main reasons for the delay of the cycle
To prescribe medications that cause menstruation during a delay, the doctor needs to determine the cause that caused the delay in the cycle. Among the main ones, the following stand out:
- Pregnancy is the fertilization of an egg. Even if the girl conducted a test and he showed a negative result, this does not exclude pregnancy. To confirm or exclude this fact, it is necessary to take tests for hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), to undergo an ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs.
- Acclimatization. Climate change is a common cause of hormonal disruptions, which can lead to delayed menstruation.
- Strict diet. Nutritional restrictions are painfully perceived by the body. Such stress can result in delayed menstruation as well.
- Hormonal imbalance (an imbalance of progesterone and estrogen).
- Sudden loss or weight gain. Change in body weight is also reflected in the hormonal background.
- Constant lack of sleep.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Physical overstrain.
- Professional passion for sports.
- Taking medications. In particular, hormonal, psychotropic, anti-inflammatory, anabolic agents.
- Menopause. Manifested in inhibition of childbearing function. At first it looks like a destabilization of the menstrual cycle, and then its complete absence.
- Diseases affecting the reproductive system are inflammation of the appendages, ovarian cysts, amenorrhea, benign and malignant tumors, etc.
- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Endocrine pathology.
- Taking hormonal birth control pills.
- The result of artificial or spontaneous abortion.
One of the most common causes of delayed menstruation is taking antibiotics. These drugs slow down the menstrual cycle - menstruation can occur both earlier and for a long time. The problem is that these drugs disrupt the hormonal background.
The second widespread cause of delayed menstruation is candidiasis (or thrush). The same antibiotics can provoke a disease. The causative agent of this inflammatory disease of the reproductive system is fungi. The development of infection turns into adhesions in the fallopian tubes, inflammation of the ovaries. And this, in turn, entails a delay in menstruation.
One of the effective remedies against thrush is the antifungal drug Fluconazole. The drug is prescribed only by your attending gynecologist. It is worth saying that the treatment of thrush itself can somewhat delay monthly bleeding. The disease requires immediate, full-fledged therapy, as it can turn into serious complications.
Is it possible to cause menstruation with a delay?
It is difficult for a non-specialist to determine the reason for the delay of menstruation. In some cases, it can be natural, non-hazardous, and in some cases it can be a pregnancy or a serious illness.
If the delay is 2-5 days, this is not a cause for concern. The condition does not require correction. If the deviation is 10-14 days, then you must definitely contact the gynecologist with the problem.
The first thing to do is to eliminate the fact of pregnancy. Is it possible to cause menstruation with a delay in this case? Doing it yourself is very dangerous. Here we are talking about artificial termination of pregnancy. Even if a woman decides to have a medical abortion, the procedure needs to be done only under the supervision of a doctor. At home, this can not be done, since the consequences can be the most serious, even fatal.
Another case is that you have determined that the reasons for the delay are not pathological. It is caused by relocation, severe stress, poor diet. There is no need to do anything here - as soon as your hormonal background is stabilized, the body calms down and gets used to new conditions, the menstrual cycle will return to normal. No need to call your period with a delay. On the contrary, their initiation can harm the body.
Stimulation of the onset of the menstrual cycle is shown only for girls, women who are not sexually active or who are being protected from pregnancy. In this case, you can speed up the arrival of menstruation in a lot of different ways. Sometimes the procedure is addressed in order to be in shape for important events - weddings, sports competitions, long trips, where it will be difficult to fully take care of your hygiene, etc.
When is the onset of menstruation dangerous?
How to cause menstruation with a delay without harm to health? Refer to the tested remedies prescribed by your gynecologist. In addition, approaching the stimulation of menstruation is dangerous in the following cases:
- The delay is more than 30 days. This may indicate pregnancy - both normal and ectopic. The use of funds that stimulate the beginning of the cycle is dangerous here with heavy bleeding. The consequence of this is sepsis, blood loss. And this is already fraught with death.
- The presence of a contraceptive spiral. When taking stimulant drugs, it is likely that the spiral can damage the walls of the uterus.
- Diseases of the endocrine nature. In particular, the thyroid gland.
- Diseases of the mammary glands.
- Circulatory system diseases.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Conducting long-term treatment with hormonal drugs.
Basic Cycle Delay Assistance
If you need to learn how to cause menstruation during a delay without harming the body, then pay attention to three main ways:
- Taking special medications that lower the level of estrogen in the blood and at the same time stimulate the reduction of the walls of the uterus, which leads to endometrial rejection.
- Activation of increased blood circulation in the uterus through heat exposure.
- Appeal to folk remedies.
In the article, we consider the reasons for the delay of menstruation, how to force the menstruation. Specialists also introduce the following classification of agents that stimulate the onset of menstruation:
- Hormonal way. That is, it is based on the intake of synthetic hormones, which artificially create conditions for rejection of the uterine mucosa. This method is mainly used by women, preparing for an important event, in order to accelerate the arrival of menstruation in front of him. Naturally, you need to contact him in advance - for several months.
- The physical way. Conditions are created that contribute to the rupture of blood vessels that connect the endometrium with the walls of the uterus.
If you are interested in what drugs to cause your period with a delay, remember that none of the methods is 100% safe. Hormonal drugs, respectively, disrupt the hormonal balance in the body. And the consequences of this are difficult to predict in advance. And with an artificial method of rejection of the mucosa, there is a risk of damage to large vessels, because of which profuse uterine bleeding will begin. This is fraught with loss of blood and death.
The most dangerous thing is to initiate endometrial discharge during pregnancy. The fetus begins to develop, which is why the vessels connecting the endometrium and the egg that is attached to it with the walls of the uterus become thick and large. Their rupture caused by taking pills or folk remedies can cause severe bleeding. At home, stopping him, of course, is impossible. Therefore, artificial termination of pregnancy should take place only in a medical clinic, under the supervision of experienced specialists.
Taking hormonal drugs
Many people turn to taking pills to cause menstruation with a delay. The safest here are hormones. But their reception needs to be started in advance if you want the menstruation to go before the important date. You need to contact only the drug that your gynecologist prescribed.
It is important to adhere to the treatment regimen prescribed by the doctor so that such an effect on the body is as safe and painless as possible. A couple of days before the day on which you want to schedule the start of menstruation, you need to stop taking hormonal medications. Or start taking “dummy” pills instead (if this is prescribed by the treatment regimen). Against the background of a sharp change in hormonal balance, menstruation will begin. It is also called withdrawal bleeding in this case.
Stimulation of menstruation during pregnancy
How to cause a menstruation cycle with a delay? In the case when it is established that it is caused by an unwanted pregnancy, we are talking about medical abortion. The procedure must be carried out in a medical clinic under the supervision of specialists.
What pills cause menstruation with a delay? For medical termination of pregnancy, a gynecologist may recommend the drug Mifegin. Self-administration is prohibited - the medicine can cause a rapid deterioration in the well-being of a woman.
In case of unprotected intercourse, the Postinor remedy is used. The main active substance here is levonorgestrel. The medicine is able to reduce the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle and stimulate its onset.
But you need to remember that the drug is effective only in the first three days after unprotected intercourse. There are two tablets in the Postinor package. They are taken with an interval of 12 hours.
"Postinor" is a means of emergency contraception. Its periodic intake is extremely harmful to the body and can lead to serious and unexpected consequences. With this drug, in no case can you replace traditional contraceptives. The tool can not be used more than 1 time every six months.
Is it possible to cause menstruation with a delay? Yes, for this, prescription drugs are used. Another type of emergency contraceptive is Norkolut. It prevents the fertilization of the egg and is able to initiate the onset of menstruation.
Norkolut is taken in the first stage of the proposed menstrual cycle. Duration of admission is 5 days. After a course of treatment, menstruation should begin within three days.
Medical assistance in the absence of pregnancy
What pills cause menstruation with a delay? Consider now the case when a woman is sure that she is not pregnant, but menstruation still does not occur. Here the following funds are needed - Dufaston or Utrozhestan. The main component in both drugs is progesterone. Medications are prescribed for the failure of the luteal phase of the cycle.
At the same time, "Utrozhestan" and "Dufaston" not only stimulate menstruation, but can also cause its delay. The effect depends on when and how the patient took the medicine.
If you turn to a progesterone before ovulation, this will increase the level of estrogen in the body. In parallel with this, the exit from the ovary of the egg is inhibited. Menstruation in this case is delayed.
If you take "Utrozhestan" or "Duphaston" in the luteal phase of the cycle (after ovulation), this will lead to an increase in progesterone levels. Which, in turn, contributes to the early rejection of the endometrium and the beginning of menstruation.
How to cause a menstrual cycle with a delay using these agents? You must adhere to the treatment regimen drawn up by your doctor. By default, it is as follows:
- Dufaston. The drug is taken one tablet per day for a period of 14 days. At the end of the course, menstruation should occur on the next or third day. If this does not happen, then the woman needs to check the fact of pregnancy. Since Dufaston cannot interrupt its course.
- "Utrozhestan". The medicine is available in the form of tablets, and in the form of vaginal suppositories. If the tabletized form of the drug caused a sleep disturbance in the patient, then they turn to suppositories. Take 2 tablets per day for 14 days.
Both drugs have a list of side effects and contraindications. Therefore, they can be used only on the recommendation of your doctor. The wrong medication regimen or their abrupt cancellation can lead to such serious consequences as hormonal failure, heavy bleeding.
How to cause a menstrual cycle with an aspirin delay? This should not be done, since this medicine is not directly indicated for stimulating the onset of menstruation. Therefore, its uncontrolled intake can lead to serious problems with the body.
If the delay of menstruation is 10 days, how to cause menstruation? With such a long delay in menstruation, it is still better to consult a gynecologist, and not look for self-acting remedies. With the approval of a doctor, you can use the following common tools:
- Take a hot bath. This procedure is useful in that it helps improve blood circulation throughout the body, including in the uterus. .
- . , , 2 10 . , . . .
? . . .
? . . .
- . . 2 . 250 . 2 , . 20 .
- . , . : 2 1 . , . 60 .
- Decoction of bay leaves. You can call the menstruation with a delay by bay leaf by preparing this remedy. 4 leaves of laurel pour 200 ml of boiling water, after which they insist for 4 hours. After this, the broth is filtered and drunk. The tool is consumed twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. It is best for each drink to brew a new drink. However, the broth should be taken with caution and only with the approval of the doctor. After all, the active components of laurel cause uterine contractions. This provokes menstruation. After using the broth, you can feel the pulling pains in the lower abdomen, caused precisely by uterine contractions.
- Nettle infusion. It is also possible to cause menstruation with a delay by folk remedies. One of the effective and safe is prepared on the basis of nettle. Collect 50 g of fresh plant leaves. They need to pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. The product should be infused for 4 hours. After that, it is filtered, and the drink itself is consumed in small portions during the day. It is not recommended to store it longer.
- Chamomile broth. As you know, chamomile is considered a universal medicinal plant. It can be useful in destabilizing the menstrual cycle. Based on it, a tool is prepared, which is subsequently used for douching. Two tablespoons of medicinal chamomile is poured with one liter of hot water. The broth must be filtered, cooled to room temperature, and then taken during the day.
- Herbal infusion based on nettle, dogrose, elecampane, oregano, knotweed, yarrow, pink rhodiola. Take 2 tbsp. tablespoons of each of these components, pour in a pan with four glasses of boiling water. Insist on the night. Then strain the contents through gauze or a fine sieve. The infusion is taken orally in 100 ml.
- Infusion of onion husks. How can I cause menstruation with a delay? Use this natural remedy: husk from 2-3 medium onions, pour 200 ml of boiling water, tightly close the lid and insist for half an hour. The infusion is filtered through a sieve, after which it is drunk in one go.
- Herbal infusion based on chamomile, mint leaves and valerian root. Take 1.5 tbsp. tablespoons of chamomile and 1 tablespoon of other components. Pour 250 ml of boiling water, cover. The tool is insisted for 20 minutes, after which it is filtered and taken orally 100 ml per day.
- Herbal infusion based on oregano, nettle, yarrow and rosehip berries. Take 25 g of each component. Raw materials are poured with a liter of boiling water. Insisted during the night. The next morning the drink is filtered. It is consumed 100 ml ten times a day.
- Vitamin C. In addition to herbs that cause menstruation during a delay, you can turn to this universal remedy. Vitamin C quickly has a stimulating effect on the body: the drug is taken according to the instructions for 3 days. Its alternatives are citrus fruits and pomegranates. To initiate the onset of menstruation, increase the amount of such foods in your diet. But this method is not recommended to resort to if you have a diagnosed gastrointestinal tract disease. In particular, peptic ulcer or gastritis.
How to cause a menstruation cycle with a delay? Check out these simple tips:
- Add fruits, vegetables and berries rich in vitamin C to your menu: citruses, broccoli, blackcurrant, spinach, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts.
- Make a healthy drink: brew a small piece of ginger root in boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Strain, add sugar or honey to taste. You can also brew tea from green parsley: 2 tbsp. tablespoons finely chopped greens are poured with boiling water, infused for 5 minutes. Such drinks cause slight contractions of the walls of the uterus, which can bring the onset of menstruation closer.
- Relieve stress: do yoga and breathing exercises, read a book, watch a movie with a calm, peaceful plot.
- Turn to physical activity: gymnastics, jogging, cycling, going to the gym. But if you are professionally involved in sports, the advice is the opposite: limit yourself to loads.
There are many different reasons for delayed periods. And the choice of the method that initiates menstruation depends on them. Self-prescribing treatment here is dangerous - be sure to seek help from a specialist.