Diabetes mellitus is a pathology that involves observing a certain diet. However, every person sometimes wants to treat themselves to a delicious dessert. Despite the fact that patients are forced to adhere to a diet, there are many products that they are allowed to consume. These foods include cottage cheese. But not everyone loves it in its purest form. Typically, the product is used in various dishes. The article talks about how to cook cottage cheese casseroles for diabetics.
Recipes should be designed in such a way that the dish brings only benefits to patients.
Experts say that people with diabetes are allowed to consume 50-200 grams of cottage cheese every day. The product should contain a minimum amount of fat. A properly prepared dish is well absorbed by the digestive tract and does not cause a deterioration in well-being. In the recipes of cottage cheese casseroles for type 1 diabetics, it is necessary to take into account the number of bread units in the additional ingredients of dishes (for example, in flour). To make the dessert tastier, you can use fruits, berries, sugar substitute. With the help of modern kitchen appliances, goodies are made quickly and effortlessly.
Methods and rules of preparation
There are many recipes for cottage cheese casseroles for diabetics. These desserts are best done in the oven, microwave, steamed or in the slow cooker. Such cooking methods allow you to save the useful qualities of the dishes.
In addition, you must remember the following rules:
- For 100 g of cottage cheese you need to take no more than 1-2 eggs.
- Proteins are ground separately from the yolks.
- For the preparation of desserts, such devices as a mixer and a blender should be used. You can pass components through a sieve several times. There should be no lumps in the casserole.
- Cottage cheese containing not more than one percent fat is allowed.
- Instead of granulated sugar, its substitute is used in small quantities.
- It is not necessary to add semolina, flour to the dish.
- Egg yolks should be ground with cottage cheese.
- Kernels should not be used. They soften and spoil the dish.
- It is recommended to cook curd casserole in the oven for diabetics for at least thirty minutes at a temperature of about 200 degrees.
Classic dessert recipe
- A pound of cottage cheese with a low percentage of fat.
- Two eggs.
- Salt - 1 pinch.
- The same amount of vanilla powder.
- Two large spoons of sugar substitute.
- Soda in an amount of 7 gr.
Cottage cheese is passed through a sieve. Eggs are broken in a large bowl. Yolks should be separated from proteins. The second component is ground with a sugar substitute. You should get a mass that looks like foam. The yolks are combined with salt, vanilla powder, soda and cottage cheese. Add egg whites. The components mix well. The resulting mass should be placed in a bowl covered with a layer of parchment paper. A classic cottage cheese casserole for diabetics is baked in the oven for about forty minutes.
Dessert with honey
To prepare such a dish you will need:
- Three large spoons of semolina.
- Two eggs.
- A large spoon of honey.
- Half a kilogram of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Large apple of green color.
- Two large spoons of sour cream.
This section talks about how to cook a cottage cheese casserole for diabetics with a prescription with the addition of honey.
To make such a dish, you need to combine the yolks with sour cream. This product must be low fat. These ingredients are mixed with cottage cheese. The cereal is introduced and the mass is left for some time so that it increases in volume. In a separate bowl, grind the proteins until a dense foam forms. Add them to the curd mixture. The ingredients are combined with a spoonful of honey. Apple is divided into two fragments. One of them should be added to the base for dessert, and the other is cut into small slices. The dough should be placed in a bowl covered with parchment. Sliced apples are placed on the surface of the curd mixture. The dish is cooked in the oven for thirty minutes.
Dessert in a slow cooker with the addition of bran
This is a good cottage cheese casserole recipe for type 2 diabetics. Such patients are recommended meals without the addition of oil and wheat flour.
The composition of the dessert with bran includes the following products:
- Half a kilogram of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Oatmeal flakes (90 gr).
- Milk in an amount of 150 milliliters.
- Substitute of sugar sand (to taste).
Cottage cheese is combined with an egg. Add milk, bran. The resulting mass must be sweetened with a sugar substitute. The resulting mass is put in the bowl of the device. Cottage cheese casserole in a slow cooker for diabetics is cooked in baking mode for forty minutes. The surface of the dish is covered with natural yogurt, mint leaves or berries.
- Low-fat cottage cheese in the amount of 200 grams.
- 200 gr. buckwheat groats.
- Four large spoons of low-fat sour cream.
- Two carrots.
- A pinch of salt.
This cottage cheese casserole is recommended for type 2 diabetics. Recipes for these patients exclude the use of wheat flour. Instead of this ingredient, you can use buckwheat. However, the dessert contains a lot of calories, and you should not abuse it. The dish is prepared in this way. Buckwheat should be boiled in water with salt. Leave to cool. Carrots are peeled, rinsed and chopped with a grater. Combine with the cooled cereals, add cottage cheese, low-fat sour cream, an egg. Dessert should be placed in a form covered with parchment paper. It is baked in the oven for about thirty minutes.
Casserole with carrots and pumpkin
To prepare the dish you will need the following products:
- 300 gr of cottage cheese.
- 2 large spoons of whole grain flour.
- The same amount of sugar sand substitute.
- Pumpkin pulp in the amount of 300 grams.
- Carrot (2 root crops).
- Orange juice and zest.
- A pinch of vanillin.
- A small spoonful of baking powder.
Cottage cheese casserole for diabetics according to this recipe is prepared in this way.
The pulp of pumpkin and peeled carrots are crushed using a grater. Combine vegetables with cottage cheese, flour, sugar sand substitute, egg, salt, baking powder. The juice and peel of an orange, vanillin are added to the resulting mass. The components are thoroughly mixed. The dish should be placed in a bowl covered with parchment paper. Cook the casserole for forty minutes.
Dessert with honey and berries in a double boiler
The composition of the dish includes:
- 200 grams of cottage cheese with a small percentage of fat content.
- A large spoon of liquid honey.
- Fresh berries.
To prepare food, cottage cheese, wiped with a sieve, is combined with an egg. Add the remaining components. The resulting mass should be placed in the container of the double boiler and turn on the device. The dish is served chilled.
Its surface can be sprinkled with berries.
To prepare a dessert, you need such products:
- Two large spoons of kefir or natural yogurt.
- Fructose - 8 grams.
- 100 g low-fat cottage cheese.
- Starch in the amount of 1 large spoon.
- A pinch of salt.
- Vanillin - as much.
- A small spoonful of cocoa bean powder.
How to make cottage cheese casserole for diabetics in a microwave? To prepare the dessert, you need to combine the cottage cheese, egg, sugar substitute for sugar and kefir. Mix with other products. The resulting mass should have a smooth texture. It is placed in silicone molds. The dish is cooked in a microwave oven at an average power of the device for six minutes. Dessert is a great option for a morning or afternoon snack.
It can also be consumed as breakfast. Thanks to a modern kitchen appliance - a microwave - such a casserole is cooked quickly enough. You can do it immediately before starting a meal.
Diabetes mellitus is a disease that involves fairly strict dietary restrictions. Despite this, patients with this disease should not consider that desserts are strictly forbidden to them. Treats are recommended to be prepared on the basis of low-fat cottage cheese. This product is very useful because it contains a lot of proteins and calcium - a substance necessary for the good condition of bone and dental tissue. Following certain rules, patients can make delicious sweets that have a beneficial effect on the body and help maintain good health. Recipes involve replacing some ingredients with others. For example, buckwheat or oatmeal is used instead of wheat flour. An alternative to sugar can be honey or fructose. Such desserts are supplemented with chocolate for diabetics, cocoa powder, natural low-fat yogurt, vanilla, fruits or fresh berries.