Not all foods are equally healthy. There are products that strengthen the immune system. Food that helps fight constipation or diarrhea. And there are products that are good for joints. What foods are on this list? What foods are best avoided? This is what often interests people who have already experienced joint pain.
Important Nutritional Nuances
In order for the joints to be healthy, first of all, a person must get rid of excess weight in order to reduce the load of the limb. It is also necessary to eat right. What is meant by this:
- In your daily diet must be present dishes with protein content.
- Animal fats should preferably be replaced with vegetable fats.
- During the day you need to drink a sufficient amount of liquid - up to 2.5 liters per day. Be sure to drink not only drinks, but also clean water.
- Products useful for joints should be enriched with vitamins and essential minerals, but not high-calorie.
- The amount of salt should be at a minimum. If the body tolerates algae well, then it can be replaced with dried and ground seaweed. The most useful salt equivalent.
- For cooking use only enameled dishes. It does not destroy the vitamins contained in foods.
- Eat meat and fish in baked or boiled form (it is not recommended to fry, since such food does more harm to the body than good).
- The menu should contain more fruits and vegetables (both fresh and dried, boiled, baked or frozen).
- To minimize the use of fried, sweet, fatty, smoked and spicy foods. A variety of spices and dyes are removed completely.
- If the body requires sweets, then they can be replaced with dried fruits, jam, jelly. And soda - stewed fruit and jelly.
- When heat-treating vegetables and fruits, they should not be overexposed on fire, it is better not to cook a little to preserve more useful qualities.
- You need to eat only natural food. That is, without preservatives and chemistry.
- Drink coffee no more than 2 cups per day, and drink alcoholic beverages only of good quality and on holidays.
Diets are contraindicated!
With joint diseases, you can not starve. And some people go on tight diets to dramatically reduce weight, which causes a complication of the disease. Adequate water should also be consumed. It will help to timely remove toxins and toxins from the body.
What foods are good for joints
Absolutely every dish carries the necessary or unhealthy substances. For the joints to work well, there is a list of useful products: they relieve pain, restore ligaments and cartilage. Also, their use is the prevention of bone diseases.
Products useful for joints:
- In the first place is the use of seaweed, its role in maintaining the health of cartilage is huge.
- Fish and seafood are rich in phosphorus and iodine.
- Milk and dairy products supply the body with calcium, which means it makes the bones strong.
- Real cream ice cream is good for its calcium and fat content.
- Chicken eggs, red meat, and tongue enrich the body with iron and help remove excess phosphorus from it.
- Green tea slows down the destruction of cartilage and reduces inflammation.
- Olive and rapeseed oils, as well as cherries, help get rid of inflammatory processes.
- Products containing vitamin C. They contribute to the formation of connective tissue (citrus fruits, watermelon, tomatoes, cabbage and so on).
- Bean, cereal and bran dishes are excellent sources of energy.
- The use of sesame, hazelnuts, seeds, carrots protects the cells of cartilage.
- Gelatin (and gelatin dishes: jellied meat, marmalade, jelly and so on) are needed for cartilage and joint lubrication.
- Fruits and vegetables rich in magnesium (carrots, pumpkin, dates, raisins and others) contribute to the healing of joints and the nervous system.
- Soy products contain fiber and protein, necessary for the normal functioning of the body.
In order for products that are beneficial for joints to benefit, they must be properly cooked, their combination must be watched in the preparation of the menu and in the preparation of food. It is important that they complement each other well.
We reviewed healthy products for bones and joints. But there is food, on the contrary, harmful to the joints (destroying cartilage and ligaments). These foods also need to be known in order to reduce their amount in the diet. Some can be replaced with less harmful analogues.
List of Unwanted Products:
- It is advisable to completely exclude crab sticks, low-quality ice cream, processed cheese from the diet. They contain a high content of inorganic phosphorus, which disrupts the mobility of the joints. These products can be replaced: crab meat, cream ice cream and real cheeses. They are just very useful for the body.
- Dishes prepared by smoking or pickling. They contain harmful salts, which provokes the onset of the development of inflammatory processes. Can be replaced with baked foods.
- Fatty meats and broths of them. They cause the deposition of cholesterol and can contribute to impaired joint mobility.
- In a limited amount, it is worth consuming foods with oxalic acid (sorrel, radish, spinach). It irritates the nerve endings and disrupts the nutrition of the joints.
- Finished products containing dyes, a large number of spices and flavorings are harmful. This is everyday junk food (chips, soda, crackers and so on). These products cause obesity, thereby increasing the load on the knee joints.
It is advisable to know the main beneficial and harmful products for the joints. The right menu is the key to the health of the body. But one factor is worth considering. The menu should not consist entirely of products that are useful for joint diseases, otherwise the diet will be poor. The lack of nutrients will affect the performance of other organs. It is advisable to simply reduce the use of foods that can cause joint diseases.
What foods are good? Now let's figure it out. Knowing which foods are good for joints and cartilage is not enough; it’s important to be able to properly cook food from them. It is necessary that the ingredients retain all their properties after processing.
High Gelatin Products
The most common dishes useful for joints are jellied meat and aspic from fish. Equally necessary for the body and ear, prepared from fish heads. Berries can be used for fruit drinks, compotes and jelly, but with a low sugar content. It is better to bake meat and vegetables without spices with a small amount of salt.
How to cook jelly for joints? First you need to decide what it will be prepared from. It can be made from fatty poultry meat. It is ideal to use an old rooster or pork for this dish (it is better to take parts that contain more cartilage - legs, tail).
The selected main component is cooked for at least 4 hours with bay leaf and salt. It is allowed to use other spices, but in reasonable sizes. The broth is very fatty, and it contains the main benefit of this dish.
If the jelly was prepared from meat, then its pieces are placed on plates and poured with broth. The finished dish must be placed in the cold to solidify. It is important to remember that jelly is a heavy and high-calorie food that promotes the formation of cholesterol. Therefore, it is advisable to eat this dish no more than once every 2-3 months. If a person has problems with weight, then it is better to cook aspic from fish or fruit jelly.
Pumpkin and Garlic Soup
Onion for the soup is fried in a saucepan in sesame oil until cooked, then garlic cloves and pumpkin cut into cubes are added. When it becomes soft, water is added, and the contents of the pan are crushed to a puree state. To improve the taste, you can add a little milk and boil for no more than 5 minutes. The amount of ingredients is taken as desired.
Oatmeal and kefir are taken in equal proportions. You can add a little honey (buckwheat) or pieces of dried fruit. Form cookies from the finished dough and bake at 180 degrees for up to 25 minutes.
Knowing which foods are good for joints and cartilage, you can prepare a variety of dishes. The main thing is not to strongly digest stewed fruit from healthy berries or to overexpose baked vegetables on a fire.
Of course, for the treatment of proper nutrition alone will not be enough, medicines are needed. If products are used for prevention, the doctor can help with the selection of special vitamins to maintain healthy joints. And it is also recommended for the effectiveness of treatment to give up alcohol and smoking.
When to the doctor?
To get rid of pain in the joints, you need to not only know the products that are beneficial for the joints and ligaments, but also try to lead a physically active lifestyle. Observe the diet and do not overeat. If an injury occurs, for example, a knee, not even a strong one, but there is discomfort, you should immediately contact a traumatologist.