The uniqueness of dried fruits lies in the fact that they retain almost all the vitamins that are found in fresh fruits. Dried apricots have long been considered a very healing dried fruit. It contains useful substances that have a positive effect on the body. She has a great taste and a lot of useful properties. This article will talk about the beneficial properties and contraindications of dried apricots.
How do dried apricots
In whole apricots, an incision is made and a stone is pulled out. The most faithful manufacturing method is to dry fruit in direct sunlight in a specialized place. This process continues for a little over a week. During this time, moisture evaporates, and weight is reduced by 4 times. As a result, the finished fruits have a dull copper or brown color with a slight grayish tone.
How to choose
The ability to choose dried apricots will allow you to purchase a natural product. According to generally accepted recommendations, dried fruits are clean, large, resilient, not very transparent and a little harsh. If the color is unnatural and too bright, it means that in the manufacture of chemicals were used to create a beautiful appearance of dried fruit.
How to store
If you store dried fruits properly, their appearance and taste will not disappoint. Dried apricots are dried and dried (the calorie content of both species is approximately the same). Storage is exclusively dried. Due to its low liquid content, it will lie longer than dried.
The best option for preserving sweet fruits is a dry, dark place and room temperature. To avoid oxygen entering the product, it must be kept in a tightly closed glass container. When using paper or cellophane packaging, harmful insects may appear. To save dried apricots for a long time (several months), it can be placed in the freezer.
What is included
The beneficial properties of dried apricots are extensive. In its composition:
- Organic acids and trace elements.
- Vitamins (A, group B, niacin, choline, E, K, C).
And these are far from all the beneficial properties of dried apricots. The calorie content of the sweet fruit is about 235 kilocalories per 100 g.
10 main beneficial properties of dried apricots for the body:
- Great for bowel cleansing. This effect increases if you add raisins, figs and prunes. All these components must be scrolled in a meat grinder, optionally seasoned with honey and consumed daily 150 grams of this sweetness.
- Its use is mandatory for complications in the work of the heart and blood vessels. Amber fruit is a method of prevention in the presence of cardiovascular ailments. It lowers cholesterol.
- This is an excellent diuretic, in connection with this, dried fruit can cleanse the kidneys. For this purpose, it is recommended to drink compote from dried apricots.
- It contains a lot of carotene - a trace element necessary for the eyes. With it, vision improves, there is also a positive effect in the prevention of ophthalmic diseases.
- Useful for children. It supplies the young body with valuable substances, relieves vitamin deficiency in the cold season, supports the immune system, which is important when resisting viral and seasonal diseases.
- Helps to raise the level of hemoglobin, copes well with anemia, which is very necessary during pregnancy.
- It has an antitumor effect. In this regard, it is recommended for people at risk of cancer. For therapeutic purposes, it slows down the development of oncology and softens its course.
- Favorably affects the removal of toxins (radionuclides and salts of heavy metals).
- Calorie content of the product does not interfere with its good digestion and assimilation in the body. She is able to give a feeling of satiety for many hours.
- Helps to discharge sputum during a dry cough and reduces the temperature for colds.
What good dried apricots for women
The beneficial properties of dried apricots for women, of course, are important. The presence of delicious delicacies on the menu is a real find for the female body. Dried apricots give the skin elasticity and make hair strong. By properly adjusting the digestive system, it will relieve acne and improve the condition of the skin. Dried apricot strengthens the reproductive function and improves the functioning of sex hormones. It is also a sedative for disorders of the nervous system and PMS.
Useful properties of dried apricots for men
Of great importance for men's health is the abundance of fiber in dried apricots. It helps to improve blood circulation in the reproductive organs. In this regard, the condition of the ovaries is normalized, potency increases and hormones work stabilizes. Thanks to blood flow to the inguinal region, diseases of the prostate are prevented.
Despite the fact that dried apricots have a lot of useful properties, she also has some contraindications:
- Dried apricots can lower blood pressure, so hypotonics should be used with caution.
- If you are overweight or have diabetes, seek medical advice before consuming a southern fetus.
- According to nutritionists, adults can eat no more than 5 medium fruits per day. From a large amount, there may be an upset stomach.
- With prolonged consumption, the preservatives and sulfur oxide contained in it can provoke an increase in the level of these substances in the body. This, in turn, will increase the risk of allergies affecting the lungs and respiratory system. Forbidden for asthma.
- Substances used during processing during drying can cause damage to health. Some unscrupulous growers are so trying to give dried apricots a presentable appearance - a bright orange color. Rinse the fruits and fill them with water for 10 minutes.
- Children's age up to 4 years.
Dried apricots with diabetes
To date, there is no exact answer to the question of whether it is worth including sick people with diabetes in the diet of dried apricots. The positions of professionals are divided. Some people believe that this product contains more than 80% sugar, so it should not be eaten with diabetes. Others believe that the body actually needs the sweet fruit, as the glycemic index is 30%.
Doctors say that the most acceptable option is to consume no more than 100 grams of dried fruit in one day. In addition, they will go well with porridge, pastries and salads. Also go well with rice, meat and fish. It should be noted that dried apricots are undesirable to be exposed to thermal effects.
Dried apricots with pancreatitis
The composition of dried apricots and fresh apricots contains more than 80% sucrose. The breakdown of such an amount of sugar will be associated with the production of additional insulin, which is created very little during pancreatitis. On top of that, the load on the pancreas will come from the fiber content. Having many useful properties, dried apricots are categorically unacceptable for pancreatitis, as it can cause more problems than benefits.
Dried apricots for those who want to lose weight
Useful properties of dried apricots for weight loss have some features:
- Thanks to its sweetness, the fruit will be a good alternative to sugar and sweet foods.
- Able to remove toxins from the body and eliminate excess fluid. It replenishes potassium reserves (its deficiency occurs when moisture is lost from the body).
- Acts as a laxative - eliminates constipation, which often accompany weight loss.
- It speeds up the metabolism.
- Rescues those who do not like fresh cereals and bran. Slices of steamed dried apricots will help transform a tasteless dish.
- Due to the small amount of fat and the high content of complex carbohydrates that are slowly absorbed, the body is saturated with energy. As a result, a person feels full longer.
Nutritionists advise arranging fasting days on dried apricots to stabilize weight. It is advisable to eat dried fruits in the afternoon, when metabolic processes are more active.
The harm and useful properties of dried apricots for the body have many contradictions among researchers. Despite this, many people love dried fruit for its bright appearance and pleasant taste. The beneficial properties of dried apricots have a therapeutic and prophylactic effect. Due to its exceptional composition, it is very popular among the population.