Many women after the birth of a child are wondering how to quickly restore their stretched skin, improve the appearance of the body, and also normalize the state of the nervous system after the stress. At present, doctors report that in order to improve the appearance of the body and put it in order without complications, it is important to regularly visit a gynecologist and a massage therapist. Find out how to tighten the skin after childbirth.
The main contraindications
The main contraindications to massage are:
- fever, fever;
- bleeding and genetic predisposition;
- diseases of the blood system;
- purulent processes in the body;
- various lesions of the hair, skin and nail plate;
- acute inflammatory processes in the circulatory and lymphatic systems, thrombosis, development of varicose veins;
- recent abdominal surgery (if 4 weeks have not passed since the procedure);
- if rashes or redness are on the surface of the skin;
- tumors in the abdominal region;
- allergic diseases that provoke rashes on the surface of the skin;
- diseases of the abdominal organs that lead to bleeding;
- mental illness, in which excitement increases;
- serious damage to the cardiovascular system, lungs and other organs;
- respiratory diseases;
- problems with the functioning of the intestines (the appearance of nausea, the urge to vomit, diarrhea and diarrhea).
During the procedure, specialists usually use special oils and gels. To conduct a correct and effective procedure, a woman should first inquire about the composition of the funds used to avoid possible allergic reactions.
What body workouts should be done
Massage for weight loss of the abdomen and sides after childbirth will differ significantly from a simple trip to a massage therapist in ordinary life.
The main purpose of carrying out such a procedure during the recovery period is to normalize the functioning of the abdominal cavity, increase the elasticity of the skin, restore the mobility of the joints and spine. Experts advise the woman to use the following types of home massage in the postpartum period:
- warming up the abdomen helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles, leads to increased muscle contraction and the elimination of stretched and saggy skin;
- kneading of the mammary glands will help ensure normal lactation to the woman during the period of feeding the baby, help prevent milk stagnation and prepare the skin for a possible stretch;
- back massage, which will help eliminate discomfort, discomfort and improve muscle tone, responsible for maintaining the spine;
- massage of the joints will help improve their mobility, eliminate puffiness and pain.
When can you postpartum massage
Can I do massage after childbirth? Massage is a useful and at the same time pleasant therapy that is suitable for women even after childbirth. But it is important to remember that you must perform this procedure carefully, following the basic safety rules and the correct technique. But before conducting therapy, it is recommended to visit a specialist and learn how to properly massage to prevent possible complications.
Is it allowed to massage after childbirth from stretch marks? This directly depends on the part of the body that will be affected. It is important to exercise special accuracy when massaging the abdomen.
Specialists advise paying special attention to the following features:
- What were the births: natural or cesarean section was performed. With natural labor, the restrictions on massage are the least: you should refrain from performing the procedure during the first 6-8 weeks after childbirth, especially while strange discharge comes out of the genitals. After some time, the massage can be carried out without much concern.
- If cesarean section was performed during labor, abstinence from massage will last much longer. Also, special attention should be paid to where the postoperative suture is located. If the incision is horizontal and is located directly above the pubis, then the restrictions are much less, since it is more difficult to injure such an area, and the complications are almost minimal.
If the seam is vertical and runs from the navel to the pubis, you will have to wait a while until the skin is completely restored. The body will have to spend from 3 to 5 months on this process.
Any woman before starting regular self-massage of the abdomen after childbirth should consult a doctor (surgeon or gynecologist). Only a doctor can accurately determine the state and extent of tissue damage.
If you do not follow the doctor’s recommendations and begin to massage after childbirth without waiting for recovery, then you may encounter the following problems:
- inflammatory processes of the suture;
- the appearance of acute pain;
- the formation of rough and severe scarring;
- the formation on the skin of hernias and other formations.
Is it possible to eliminate the stomach with massage
How to get in shape after childbirth with massage? The answer to this question will not be entirely unequivocal.
To begin with, it is important to understand why the layer of fat appeared on the stomach. Most often this happens when gaining extra pounds and their deposition. In this case, using only massage will be useless, since such a problem will have to be addressed comprehensively.
If a large belly appeared immediately after the birth of the child, then you should not immediately begin to worry and worry. This can be explained by the fact that within 5-8 months after the birth of the baby, the abdominal muscles will be in good shape and gradually recover. If you use massage, physical training on the press and observe proper nutrition, you can achieve the best effect and get rid of unpleasant deposits.
If a woman has a suspicion of a discrepancy in the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall, then she should consult a doctor in a timely manner and perform an operation.
From this we can conclude that the benefits of massage after childbirth are quite high. It helps to normalize blood supply to tissues, increase muscle tone. To improve the appearance of the abdomen and eliminate stretching of the skin, it is important to follow the following rules:
- adhere to a proper diet, eliminate fatty, salty, smoked and spicy foods, add foods enriched with vitamins and minerals;
- lead an active lifestyle, play sports and train abdominal muscles;
- in special cases, to normalize the condition of the abdomen, a woman is prescribed plastic surgery.
You should not hope for a quick effect from self-massage of the abdomen, especially in the case when the woman did not possess an ideal figure before pregnancy.
The benefits of abdominal massage after childbirth are to improve bowel function, increase muscle tone of the anterior abdominal wall, and also burn excess fat reflections in the abdomen.
Is it allowed to do after pregnancy
Massage the abdomen after birth is a good chance to improve the condition of the body and at the same time relax. Regular massage will help not only to restore the former figure, but also get rid of postpartum fatigue, depression and overcome the feeling of lack of sleep.
The main benefit of massage is the restoration of a woman’s body, as during the period of bearing a child her spine, legs, hips, pelvic region and internal organs experienced an increased load.
Massage for weight loss of the abdomen and sides can be carried out by your own efforts or with the help of professional masseurs. There are a large number of techniques for its implementation: lymphatic drainage, relaxing, cupping.
How to get in shape after giving birth? Specialists advise a woman to follow the following rules:
- anti-cellulite massage after childbirth is most efficiently done after a snack, if before that the woman has eaten tightly, then before the massage one should wait some time 1.5-2 hours;
- if the surface of the skin on the abdomen has any damage in the area of the procedure, then the massage is best rescheduled for a while, until they are fully restored;
- if during a back massage a woman suddenly begins to feel unpleasant pain symptoms or discomfort, it is important to immediately ease the pressure on the stomach or completely stop the procedure.
During the procedure, no special professional skills or abilities are required. All movements should be careful, soft and slow. Approximate massage technique:
- First, you should perform soft stroking the abdomen, over time increasing the amplitude of movements, but without delivering pain to the skin.
- Then, with careful movements, simultaneously circular and jerky, they pass clockwise from the lower right side of the abdomen upward, and then vice versa.
- Next, the same movements should go from the side to the center of the abdomen. If significant fatty deposits are present on the surface of the abdomen, it is important to fold the adipose tissue and knead well. In this way, you can improve metabolic processes in the body and restore blood supply to tissues in this part of the body.
- Experts also recommend sawtooth ribs of the palms of the palms throughout the abdomen.
- At the end of the procedure, the movements become soft and end with light strokes.
On average, a massage of the abdomen lasts from 5 to 10 minutes. Do not rub heavily or apply excessive force during the procedure, as this can lead to unpleasant sensations, inflammatory processes on the skin and the appearance of visible bruises. A massage course usually includes up to 10 sessions every few months.
Bank tummy massage
At home, experts also recommend a can massage after childbirth. In the cabin, such a procedure is particularly popular and is carried out with special modern equipment.
Cupping vacuum massage is an effective and simple procedure that helps eliminate excess fat, improves skin nutrition and the blood supply to tissues.
The main advantages of massage:
- Helps mask the scar, make it less expressive;
- smoothes the surface of the skin, provides them with elasticity;
- Helps eliminate body fat in the form of an "orange peel."
But it is important to remember that this procedure must be carried out very carefully, following all the basic rules. A woman should remember when to carry out the procedure should not:
- Fresh seams or some kind of damage on the surface of the skin. Including after cesarean section; in this case, it is important to wait a few months until the skin is completely restored.
- Hernias that may occur after surgery.
- Strong fragility of blood vessels, a tendency to hematomas.
- The use of anticoagulants, in which blood can clot slowly. This can lead to extensive bruising on the skin.
- In the first months after the birth of a child, experts recommend that you refrain from massage or spend it very carefully.
To carry out the procedure, for a start it is important to warm the body well, for this you should take a hot shower. After that, the skin is lubricated with oil or a special gel. After that, one vacuum can is installed on the problematic part of the body (or several at once) and movements are carried out on the surface of the abdomen, excluding the place of the suture. The duration of the procedure varies from 10 to 15 minutes.
Back and chest massage
A back massage after giving birth to a nursing mother can be prescribed only by the attending physician. A specialist will help you choose a really effective set of exercises that will help restore a woman’s body after labor and is well suited for lactation. In addition, only a professional masseur should conduct such a massage to a woman.
Without a preliminary consultation with a treating specialist, a woman can independently massage her face, neck and chest. How to do breast massage after childbirth? Breast massage after pregnancy will help eliminate milk stagnation and prevent the formation of lumps, establish a feeding regimen and eliminate unpleasant sensations. In addition, massage will help restore the previous form of the mammary glands and restore their elasticity.
When conducting a massage yourself, it is important to remember that all movements should be neat, smooth and not bring pain. The procedure should not lead to discomfort.
Do not use oils, creams or lotions during breast massage. When breastfeeding a child, they can provoke an allergic reaction in him. In addition, the effective components of such agents can enter the bloodstream, and then into the mother’s milk. It is best to use a hypoallergenic cream or baby oil for such a procedure.
The choice of oil for the procedure
It is very important to select the right massage oil to get a good effect. All oils should have the following features:
- Do not lead to allergic reactions to the skin;
- have a pleasant smell;
- bring additional cooling effect, as well as vitamin nourishment of the skin.
Most often, orange, lavender or lemon oil is used for massage. In addition to helping reduce the friction process during massage, the complex composition of the products provides the body with a tonic, restorative and anti-cellulite effect.
Honey is distinguished by its effective properties, especially when ingested. But honey brings an equally good result when applied to the skin. The rich vitamin composition of such a product helps soften the skin, moisturize it and improve the appearance.
To prepare the massage mixture, you need to take 2 tablespoons of honey and a few drops of any essential oil. All components must be thoroughly mixed and applied to the skin. Massage is performed using simple technology. At the end of the procedure, the excess mixture is removed with a simple towel or napkins.
It should also be remembered that plastic surgery can improve the skin in the abdomen and restore it to its original form. Plastic surgery on this part of the body will directly depend on the initial problem. With fatty deposits on the skin, the doctor sometimes prescribes liposuction.