From ancient times, our ancestors used the gifts of nature as a means of treatment for various ailments. Beetroot broth was especially popular. Even Hippocrates mentioned the strength of the action of this drug on the body in his works. Modern recipes of traditional medicine include beets in their compositions.
But not everyone can use beetroot broth inside, the product has contraindications and limitations. In order to fully experience the healing properties of a miracle drink and not harm your health, it is important to know all the rules for preparing and using a decoction.
Useful properties of beets
Beetroot - a very valuable product - both for nutrition and for treatment. Its composition is rich in micro and macro elements:
- Useful sugars.
- Calcium - participates in all processes in the body, normalizes the work of the cardiovascular system.
- Iron - increases hemoglobin, reduces the risk of anemia.
- Magnesium - promotes the absorption of iron, soothes nerve cells.
- Potassium - neutralizes toxins, is useful for allergy sufferers.
- Phosphorus - accelerates chemical reactions in the body.
- Zinc - has a beneficial effect on sex hormones.
- Vitamin PP - regulates cholesterol.
- Vitamin C - boosts immunity, lowers sugar levels.
- B vitamins - improve blood circulation, restore skin.
- Iodine - responsible for blood pressure and fat breakdown.
- Betaine is necessary for the normal functioning of a person. Beetroot is a leader in the content of betaine.
- Folic acid - provokes, when necessary, rapid cell growth and metabolism.
- Amino acids - make up for the lack of protein.
Regular use of root vegetables increases the protective properties of the body, and for the liver, beetroot decoction has a cleansing effect. The inclusion of beets in the daily diet will enrich the human body with useful substances.
What is the use of broth?
How does beetroot and decoction of it affect the human body:
- Lowers blood pressure. At the same time, it is not necessary to use the broth systematically, just one glass for a single dose is enough, as the pressure will significantly decrease.
- Improves blood circulation. In this regard, the activity of brain processes is activated.
- Natural nitrates contained in beets, when ingested, are converted to nitric oxide. It is this reincarnation that prevents the development of thrombosis, expanding veins and arteries.
- High Vitamin C naturally boosts immunity.
- The antioxidant properties of the root crop allow its use in the treatment of benign and malignant neoplasms.
- Betaine is a unique component that protects the emotional structure of a person from the negative effects of stressful situations.
- The high content of folic acid contributes to the full development of the fetus and easy gestation.
- Regular use of beetroot decoction increases endurance and accelerates the delivery of oxygen to muscle cells. This is especially useful for people whose life is dedicated to sports.
- Effectively cleanses the body of slagging, helping the liver.
- Normalizes the digestive system, preventing constipation and gastrointestinal upset.
- Significantly reduces blood sugar.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects during illness.
For people whose health is at their best, beets will be an excellent source of a long and happy life.
It becomes clear that the list of miraculous properties is impressive. Nevertheless, the root crop has a number of contraindications, which must be familiarized with before use.
Doctors in the presence of the following diseases do not recommend drinking beetroot broth:
- stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- diseases of the genitourinary system;
The stages of some diseases still allow the use of beetroot decoction for additional therapy. Reviews of experts confirm that the drink is really able to have a therapeutic effect, but only after the appointment of a doctor.
Limitations Can a beetroot decoction for children?
Doctors call for expectant mothers and expectant mothers, as well as nursing women. If in the first case the benefit of the product is appreciated, then when breastfeeding you can get unpleasant side effects and even harm the baby.
A large list of vitamins in the composition of beets favorably affects the intrauterine development of the child, but the amount of acids exceeding the normal value provokes a serious and prolonged intestinal upset in infants.
In order to avoid harm from beetroot decoction, children are allowed to give a healing drink after 12 months in the amount of 2 drops per day.
To get the maximum benefit and therapeutic effect of the product, you must adhere to the preparation technique and some rules.
Firstly, it is worth paying attention to the quality of beets. It should be fresh, medium in size. The root crop, soft to the touch, is not suitable for cooking a decoction.
Correctly prepare beetroot decoction, as recommended by folk healers, if you follow the following instructions:
- To maximize the preservation of vitamins and minerals, beets are not recommended to be cleaned, but it will be necessary to wash it from dirt very carefully.
- Put the washed beets in a clean pan and pour one liter of cold water.
- Visually note the water level in the dishes, add two more liters of clean water to it.
- Put the pot on the fire. Bring to a boil and cook the beets until excess water boils away to the marked level.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool.
- Remove the beets from the water, peel and grate.
- Return the grated beets back to their original water.
- Boil. Boil the broth for half an hour over low heat.
Then remove the pan from the heat. Strain through a colander. The resulting broth is a healing drink.
Everything, a miracle drink is ready to drink.
Beet-based decoction is very useful for the human body. Among other things, knowledgeable people are cleaning beetroot decoction for the liver. What is important, to carry out such a procedure and cleanse the body in just one day:
- Prepare a decoction according to the recipe described above.
- Divide the resulting drink into four equal parts.
- Drink each part at intervals of four hours during the day.
It is forbidden to use the whole broth at once, the increased concentration of certain substances in it can provoke health problems.
Experts recommend taking a cleansing broth before eating. On the day of cleaning, it is advisable to exclude food of animal origin from the menu, and even better, arrange unloading on apples for that day.
The frequency of liver cleansing should not exceed two procedures per year.
If the pressure is prone to increase, and the condition borders on hypertension, a beet drink will help to cope with the disease. The rule of administration at high pressure: for a stable effect, the broth is taken every day for two months. Then a break is made and the ritual is cyclically repeated.
It is very important to monitor your feelings while taking a miracle drink. If you experience sudden dizziness or nausea, experts recommend temporarily stopping the intake or reduce the dosage until the condition normalizes.
Recipe for beetroot broth with honey for hypertension:
- Prepare a fresh decoction of beets.
- Add honey to the drink to taste.
- Insist two hours.
A medicinal decoction is taken three times a day for a tablespoon.
You can easily get rid of the disease with the help of a healing composition, the components of which are: beet broth, black radish juice and carrot juice.
- prepare a decoction and combine with vegetable juices in equal proportions;
- mix drinks in a container of dark glass;
- the resulting mixture must be simmered in the oven for 3 hours at a minimum temperature.
Cool the resulting composition and take a tablespoon once a day after meals.
A disease like oncology requires a serious approach to treatment. Only broths or other folk recipes can not cure it. Nevertheless, beetroot decoction is used as adjuvant therapy. Before connecting alternative medicine to alleviate the condition in oncology, it is necessary to consult a specialist.
Gastrointestinal problems or pain in the stomach make it possible to add wheat or oat flour to the broth to neutralize the aggressive effect of acids on the gastric mucosa.
Accepted decoction immediately after the irradiation procedures is considered especially useful for improving the blood composition.
Treatment of other diseases, less serious, is carried out systematically for a maximum of one or two years. Oncology requires constant use of the prescription. A break increases the risk of relapse.
Recipe with carrot juice:
- Soak freshly cooked beet broth in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Make fresh carrot juice.
- Mix one part of the beetroot decoction and four parts of carrot juice.
Consume 200 ml twice a day.
Recipe for beetroot broth with the addition of propolis:
- Cook a decoction.
- 40 drops of propolis tincture (20% alcohol content) are added to a glass of drink.
- The course of treatment is one and a half months, with three meals a day.
For colorectal cancer, a recipe based on a decoction of beets, carrot juice and nettle infusion is used:
- All ingredients are taken in equal proportions and mixed.
- Let it brew.
- Drink the drink four times a day for 3 tablespoons.
Nettle infusion is prepared from dried nettle leaves. Pour 5 tablespoons a liter of boiling water, insist no more than three hours. After filtered and used in recipes.
Beets are a healthy, nutritious and very tasty vegetable. A decoction based on it is used not only for treatment, but also in cooking. A particularly popular dish is okroshka.
The recipe for beetroot broth is universal. Therefore, the number of products and proportions are regulated at your discretion. But since the soup is classified as cold, it is mainly prepared in hot weather and served cool.
Okroshka on beetroot broth
Ingredients for okroshka:
- Fresh medium-sized beets - 1 pc.
- Cooked medium potatoes - 3 amount
- Fresh cucumber - 1 pc.
- Radish - 5 pcs.
- Small onions - 1 pc.
- Cooked sausage without visible fat - 500 g.
- Boiled chicken egg - 4 pcs.
- Red pepper - 1 pc.
- Fresh carrots - 1 pc.
- Greens - 1 bunch.
- Mustard, horseradish - 1 tbsp. l
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Brine - 0.4 cups.
- Salt, pepper - to taste.
- Wash the beets, peel, cut into cubes, put in a colander. Put the colander in the pan. Pour with five liters of boiling water, bring to a boil and turn off.
- Grate carrots.
- Dice: potatoes, radishes, onions, peppers, sausages, greens, eggs.
- Add lemon juice, brine and other seasonings to the beetroot broth.
- Stir everything chopped in the bowl.
- Pour the products with a decoction of beets.
Serve to cool. Bon Appetit!