Delicious cinnamon pastries are a small weakness for many sweet tooth. But it is believed that this spice is useful for women. How can cinnamon help the fairer sex? Since ancient times, cinnamon sticks have been used for the treatment of various diseases since ancient times. Powdered spice was added to cosmetics. In the article we will try to figure out what the benefits and harms of cinnamon are for women, what is its effect on the body and how to use the spice correctly to achieve a positive effect.
A bit of history
Cinnamon, or Ceylon cinnamon, is an evergreen plant growing in the jungle. It belongs to the laurel family. Bark is usually harvested during the rainy season. Spice can be purchased both ground and rolled up.
The story of this plant goes back to ancient times. Due to its high cost, it was often presented as a gift to kings, emperors and kings. Its price was equal to gold. Cinnamon was brought to Egypt from China.
In the Middle Ages, the spice was sold by merchants who bought it in Alexandria. At the end of the 15th century, merchants from Portugal discovered Sri Lanka, which gave them the opportunity to use cinnamon at will for more than a hundred years.
Subsequently, Sri Lanka was liberated by the Dutch, and merchants engaged in the cultivation of this spice in other countries. It began to be cultivated in the West Indies, Asia and the Seychelles.
What Ceylon Cinnamon looks like in nature can be seen in the photo below.
For commercial purposes, the plant is grown in Brazil, Vietnam, Egypt, the western part of India, on islands such as Madagascar, Sumatra, Java. But the best cinnamon is still recognized as a spice from Sri Lanka. It has a more delicate aroma, warming, sweet taste and thin bark.
In Russia, in stores you can find cinnamon, and its close relative, cassia from the cinnamon genus. Cassia grows in China, and its bark is coarser and thicker. In real spice, because of the structure of the plant, the sticks are thinner, as is the aroma itself.
Today, spice is used all over the world. The main purpose is the preparation of desserts, chocolate, liquors, candies, marinades. But what are the benefits and harms of cinnamon for a woman’s body? After all, for good reason, even in ancient times, people used it as a medicine.
Nutritional value and beneficial properties
You can talk about the beneficial properties of cinnamon for a very long time. This list is quite extensive. The spice contains essential oils, tannins, resin, magnesium, potassium, calcium, vitamins E, C, PP, B5, B6, as well as dietary fiber, giving it many useful qualities.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Calorie content: 247 kcal.
- Fats: 1.24.
- Proteins: 3.99.
- Carbohydrates: 27.49.
Cinnamon has an antiseptic and antibacterial effect, is considered a good antiviral and anti-inflammatory agent, can be used as a general strengthening, refreshing, diaphoretic and diuretic therapeutic product. Separately, it should be said about its antioxidant qualities, due to which it can be used in the preparation of many drugs.
After research, the benefits of cinnamon for women and men with diabetes have been proven. The thing is that it contains polyphenol, which contributes to the easier absorption of insulin. This spice, when used correctly, can have a positive effect on the entire body. Below we consider in more detail the effect of seasoning women.
Cinnamon benefits for women
For medicinal purposes, cinnamon is used for the following diseases:
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes. In this case, the spice is consumed 3-6 grams per day to remove cholesterol and reduce blood sugar.
- Alzheimer's disease. Spice will not help cure this disease, but scientists have found that cinnamon can slow its development.
- Arthritis, osteoporosis. Spice contains a lot of manganese, which is needed to restore bone tissue.
- Fungal infections. Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli die under the influence of cinnamaldehyde, which is part of the spice.
- Diarrhea. Cinnamon facilitates the passage of gases, has an astringent effect.
- Flu, the common cold. Hot tea with this spice relieves pain, facilitates breathing, causes sweating, increases overall tone, eliminates swelling of the mucous membrane.
Other positive features
Water-alcohol tinctures from cinnamon are used to treat eye diseases, tumors, ulcers. They are used to destroy pathogenic bacteria, as well as an antidote for snake bites.
Cinnamon medicinal preparations help to cope with depression, relieve stress and overcome mental illness. The beneficial effect of cinnamon on the nervous system has been proven.
What are the benefits of cinnamon for women? Reviews say that she is a good helper in the fight against bad breath. To do this, chew a small piece of cinnamon sticks. Such advice can often be read on many thematic forums.
Useful properties of cinnamon for women to lose weight
The main advantage for the fair sex, who want to have a slim figure, is the ability of cinnamon to accelerate metabolism. If you eat this spice daily, you can lose weight painlessly and quickly. This result is possible due to several useful properties of cinnamon for a woman's body:
- Digestion stimulation.
- Normalization of blood sugar.
- Accelerated withdrawal of excess fluid and toxins.
- Decreased appetite.
It should be understood that one spice is not enough for a fat-burning effect. It is necessary to limit fatty, floury, fatty, sweet, drink enough water - only then the spice will help to lose extra pounds.
Experts recommend losing weight girls to drink kefir cocktail: for one glass of kefir you need half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, the same amount of grated ginger root, a little chili pepper. Drinking a drink is better in the morning.
In addition, you can add cinnamon to the teapot (1 teaspoon) together with green or black tea. The drink must be properly insisted and consumed throughout the day.
If coffee is your favorite drink, it doesn’t matter. To it in a cup you can add 2 grams of spice, mix and drink. You can also sprinkle a pinch of spices on any dishes.
In the absence of dermatitis, skin lesions, varicose veins and tumors, you can do wraps with cinnamon and honey. One hundred grams of honey is taken half a spoonful of spices, the components are well mixed and applied under the film to problem areas with a thin layer. Walking with such a body mask should be one hour.
What is the benefit of cinnamon for women besides losing weight? But it can not only accelerate the metabolism, but also is useful for maintaining the health of girls:
- Relieves pain during menstruation.
- Reduces the manifestations of PMS, including reduces irritability.
- Increases the overall tone of the body.
- Normalizes the menstrual cycle.
Spice helps to improve the well-being of the fair sex during menstruation and ensures normal performance.
It's no secret that the aroma of spices belongs to the group of “sold”. Often it is used in various retail premises to increase sales.
In addition, the spice is able to increase sexual desire and excitability of the erogenous zones, which is useful. Cinnamon for women is a powerful aphrodisiac, and it is scientifically proven.
It is known that cinnamon normalizes the functioning of the nervous system. The use of this spice helps to get rid of bad mood, stress, insomnia and depression.
What else is cinnamon good for? Spice can not only be eaten, but also enjoy the smell. Aromatherapy is considered in medicine as one of the alternative methods of treatment. You should know that today the influence of aromas on the functioning of all systems of the human body is scientifically proven.
Cinnamon has a bright aroma. It has a warm, mysterious, spicy, smell similar to an oriental fairy tale. It perfectly stimulates creative activity, sets up for positive thinking, makes you dream, positively affects mental activity. The smell of spices filling the house creates a welcoming and cozy atmosphere in which there is no place for minor quarrels and conflicts.
Useful properties of cinnamon for women have been noticed by cosmetologists. After all, it has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and tonic effects. Due to this, the spice is often used in the preparation of masks, creams and other cosmetics.
Moreover, such drugs are suitable not only for the skin, but also for the hair. It is worth knowing that cinnamon oil is great for dealing with such an unpleasant phenomenon as cellulite. It is used as one of the components for anti-cellulite wraps.
Spice has both beneficial properties and contraindications for women. Cinnamon should not be consumed in large dosages and without interruptions. This use of spice can lead to intense headaches, impaired liver function and a feeling of fatigue.
Also, with caution, it should be included in dishes if there are the following diseases:
- acute forms of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- peptic ulcer is a direct contraindication;
- allergic reactions to spice, individual intolerance;
- poor blood coagulation; cinnamon thins it even more;
- diseases of the heart, liver and kidneys.
It is important to know not only about the beneficial properties of cinnamon for women. And contraindications play an important role, especially when it comes to pregnancy. It is forbidden to introduce this spice into your diet while waiting for the baby and while breastfeeding. In the first case, the tone of the uterus may increase, which will cause a miscarriage or premature birth. In the second, the spice passes into breast milk, which can lead to a child's refusal to eat, as many babies do not like the cinnamon flavor.
Cinnamon powder can be consumed only diluted with water or milk. Otherwise, there is a high risk of irritation of the mucous membranes of the throat, esophagus.
For the same reason, do not inhale the spice, especially with respiratory diseases. In some people, spice causes allergic reactions to the skin in the form of edema, rash. In addition, individual intolerance can also cause choking.
How to use
Knowing how cinnamon is useful for women, the question arises of how to use it correctly. It is believed that fresh spice is most useful, so it is ground shortly before meals. According to tradition, to reveal the aroma, the sticks are slightly dried in a pan, and then crushed in a blender or in a seasoning mortar.
In hot dishes - soups, pastries, cereals - spice is laid a couple of minutes before cooked. In curds, salads, smoothies and drinks, it is added immediately before serving. Cinnamon goes well with alcohol. To stimulate brain activity, spice can be added to morning coffee, tea or cocoa.
The recommended daily dosage of cinnamon is 3-5 grams. But do not overdo it, the use of more than six grams is dangerous for the liver due to the presence of coumarin.
- Classic cinnamon tea. For two servings, you will need ten grams of ground Ceylon cinnamon. Spice it in 300 ml of boiling water and mix thoroughly. Filter the slightly cooled drink through cheesecloth. You can add honey and lemon to the tea to taste. Girls who want to lose extra pounds are recommended to add slices of ginger root to such tea.
- For a fasting day, kefir drink is perfect. For its preparation, one teaspoon of cinnamon is poured into 1.5 liters of a fermented milk drink with a small percentage of fat content, thoroughly mixed and consumed throughout the day. Such a cocktail can be used to replace dinner during the week.
- One of the beneficial properties of cinnamon for women is the elimination of toxins. Cinnamon smoothie will help to cope with this task. In addition, it is useful as a prophylactic for vitamin deficiency. Immersed in a blender: a glass of kefir, a couple of prune berries, one green apple, one tablespoon of bran and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. The ingredients are mixed and refrigerated for thirty minutes. The best time to receive is the morning hours.
Cinnamon and honey
This mixture is especially useful and helps with many diseases:
- removes bad cholesterol;
- restores the genitourinary system;
- strengthens the immune system;
- treats skin infections, rashes;
- strengthens hair;
- treats insect bites;
- helps with toothache;
- used to treat flu and colds and more.
A paste of honey and cinnamon spread on bread reduces cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart attack.
Daily use of half a spoonful of honey with cinnamon in a glass of water in the morning and afternoon will help relieve fatigue and feel a surge of strength.
- Mask for hair restoration. This tool is suitable for those who want to see a quick result and at the same time not to resort to chemicals. A mask based on cinnamon is made as follows: two teaspoons of honey and olive oil are mixed, as well as one teaspoon of spices. The whole mixture, heated in a water bath, is applied to wet hair and wrapped in polyethylene and a towel. The mask is kept on the head for 45 minutes, then rinsed with shampoo and rinsed with water and vinegar.
- Cleansing facial scrub. Half a teaspoon of ordinary table salt and sugar are mixed with a teaspoon of almond or peach oil and a teaspoon of cinnamon. The mixture is applied to the face with massage movements, then left for 10 minutes. After time, the mask is washed off and a moisturizer is applied to the skin. The procedure can be performed once a week.
- With problematic, oily skin. Mix two drops of cinnamon oil with whipped egg white and add half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Keep the composition on the face for 15 minutes. The procedure is allowed to be performed twice a week or less, if the effect persists.
- For dry skin and wrinkles. A teaspoon of an oil solution of vitamin E (tocopherol acetate) is mixed with a teaspoon of essential cinnamon oil and the same portion of oatmeal, finely ground, a tablespoon of yogurt is added there. The mixture is applied to the face and aged 15-20 minutes. Apply twice a week.
It should be understood that the masks contain components that can cause allergic reactions. Therefore, a sensitivity test must be performed before use. To do this, a little mask is applied to the inner surface of the forearm. After 15 minutes, there should not be any signs of allergy on the skin: itching, redness, etc.
The opinion of the girls
Reviews of the beneficial properties of cinnamon in women are mostly positive. Girls say that with cinnamon, the condition improves during PMS, and pain during menstruation is also reduced. Kefir cocktail reviews are also good. This drink is popular with girls who want to lose weight.
Mostly women who do not like the smell or taste of cinnamon, as well as those who have an individual intolerance to spices, negatively relate to spices.
What is the benefit of cinnamon for a woman’s body? Reviews of the fair sex indicate that for ladies spice is simply necessary. After all, with the help of cinnamon you can not only relieve PMS, but also tidy up your skin, weight and overall health. The main thing is to remember that it is not worth violating the recommended dosages for daily use: this is fraught with dangerous consequences for the body.