Rashes on the genitals can occur for a number of reasons. The treatment regimen directly depends on what type of acne formed in an intimate place in a woman. In some cases, rashes are the result of insufficient hygiene, in others they are a symptom of serious pathologies. Self-medication is unacceptable, since the use of various drugs can distort the clinical picture of an existing disease.
As a rule, such rashes are not dangerous. White acne on the female organs of the reproductive system in most cases are the result of:
- Injury to the skin. A similar condition can occur during hair removal. Hair follicles in the intimate area are irritated, which serves as a trigger factor for the development of the inflammatory process. A natural result is the formation of white acne on the genitals of a woman. Often they are filled with purulent contents.
- Wearing underwear made from synthetic materials. Against this background, the process of thermoregulation is disrupted, which leads to overheating of the genitals. Due to this, the process of sweating in the intimate zone is enhanced. Thanks to the high humidity indicator, favorable conditions are created for the formation of white acne.
- Microcracks of the skin. Violation of the integrity of the fabric occurs due to wearing too tight underwear. In addition, microcracks appear due to frequent hygiene procedures using soap. This is due to the fact that alkali excessively dries delicate skin in an intimate place.
- Subcooling or overheating. These conditions lead to circulatory disorders and weakening of the body's defenses. In this case, acne on the genitals in women (photo below) is considered to be colds.
If the rashes of white color do not cause severe discomfort, it is allowed to watch them for a while. It is important to review the rules of hygiene of the intimate zone. After maturation, the purulent contents should dry, and the pimple should disappear. If this does not happen, and the rashes are combined into large pathological foci, you must consult a doctor.
Also alarming signs are: pain in the perineum, unpleasant odor, fever, severe deterioration in overall health. Similar symptoms may indicate the presence of the human papillomavirus in the body. The disease is accompanied by the formation of warts, which can be mistaken for white acne on the genitals of a woman. The formations are soft and can grow very quickly. It is important to immediately consult a doctor, since papillomas are easily injured, and therefore there is a risk of infection of foci of pathology.
If such rashes are found, attention should be paid to their size and degree of pain. If the red acne on the genitals of a woman (photo below) is small and does not cause uncomfortable sensations, in most cases they are acne, the localization of which is an intimate place.
If the formations are large and accompanied by the occurrence of pain, they can be a consequence of:
- Hormonal imbalance and disruption of the thyroid gland. As a rule, red acne on the female organs is formed during puberty and during menopause.
- Physical overwork. A similar situation occurs when non-compliance with the wakefulness and rest regime.
- Prolonged stress.
- Psycho-emotional instability.
- Pathologies of a systemic nature.
- Diseases that are sexually transmitted. Dense red acne on the genitals in women can be a symptom of syphilis. They are painless and have a clear circle shape. Peeling is often found in the area of nearby tissues. Rashes can disappear on their own, while in their place there will be no ulcers or scars.
If red acne causes pain only when they are felt, in most cases this indicates a hormonal failure. Against the background of physiological rearrangement of the body, the sebaceous glands begin to work more actively, due to which pores are often clogged. The consequence of this is the development of the inflammatory process in the hair follicle. As a rule, it takes place independently.
If the hair from the follicle does not germinate, suppuration can begin inside it and a boil can form. It is forbidden to open it yourself, this should only be done by a doctor. Treatment of a boil involves surgery, during which a specialist removes both the capsule and its purulent contents.
These are invisible to the eye, but perfectly palpable tubercles. Similar types of acne on the intimate organs in women are formed under the skin. They do not have a purulent head. It is important to pay attention to the degree of pain in these rashes.
If hard subcutaneous acne has formed on the labia of a woman, this may be a consequence of:
- Blockage of the sebaceous ducts. Such rashes do not pose a health hazard. They are an individual feature of a woman, which is associated with the presence of very thin skin in an intimate place. Such acne when feeling is not painful.
- The formation of wen. Such subcutaneous acne on the female genital organs is a consequence of the high viscosity of secreted sebum or blockage of the glands. Zhirovki do not pose a threat to health, but often an infection joins them. In such cases, the vital activity of pathogens leads to the development of a purulent process, which, in turn, causes the formation of a boil. If you do not see a doctor in a timely manner when this complication occurs, healthy tissue damage will begin. In this case, the infection can enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the body.
- Painful subcutaneous acne on the genitals of a woman is most often formed against a background of autoimmune diseases (for example, with systemic lupus erythematosus or scleroderma). Such formations significantly reduce the quality of life, giving a woman a number of uncomfortable sensations.
In addition, subcutaneous acne can occur with inflammation of the Bartholin gland, which is on the eve of the vagina and is responsible for the production of lubricant during intercourse. With the penetration of pathogens, a large and extremely painful tubercle can form that looks like a chicken egg. As a rule, after getting rid of the infection, the pimple disappears on its own, but often a false abscess develops, requiring treatment with surgical methods.
In almost all cases, rashes in the form of vesicles filled with liquid indicate the presence of a pathology that is transmitted sexually.
Watery acne in a female intimate place is usually a symptom of genital herpes. Rashes occur after a slight deterioration in well-being (a slight increase in body temperature, headache), which the woman in most cases attributes to overwork. Acne is externally a small bubble filled with a clear liquid.
Most often, genital herpes is localized on the labia minora and near the mucous membrane. When pressed, the bubbles burst, releasing fluid. After some time, painful red sores form in their place. The duration of their healing is approximately 2 weeks.
Such rashes are more often single in nature. Abscesses on the genitals of a woman can be a consequence of:
- lack of hygiene;
- wearing tight underwear or synthetic fiber products;
- injury to the skin.
In some cases, such acne indicates a serious illness. Purulent rashes can be a symptom of the following ailments:
- Sexually transmitted pathologies (e.g. trichomoniasis, venereal lymphogranuloma, gonorrhea).
- Vulvar ulcers. This is the disease that is most often diagnosed in girls. It is accompanied by an increase in body temperature, a pronounced deterioration in well-being and swelling of the labia.
- Vulvovaginitis. This is an inflammatory process of an infectious nature, in the process of development of which the external genital organs and the mucous membrane of the vagina are affected.
- Furunculosis. This is a multiple lesion of purulent necrotic hair sacs.
- Atopic dermatitis.
- Typhoid fever.
Thus, purulent acne on the genitals of a woman can be the result of poor hygiene, sexually transmitted diseases, diseases of the vulva, as well as pathologies of other systems.
When is it necessary to see a doctor?
Often, rashes indicate the presence of a serious disease. Specialist consultation is necessary in the following cases:
- Acne does not disappear within 1 week. It does not matter if they remain externally unchanged, decrease in size or, on the contrary, progress.
- Rashes are accompanied by the appearance of alarming symptoms. These include: itching and burning in the genital area, swelling, unpleasant odor, unusual discharge.
- If the formation of red acne is accompanied by peeling of nearby tissues.
- Rashes are watery.
- A single formation or multiple acne appeared after sexual contact with a new partner. It is especially worthwhile to beware if in the process of intimacy a barrier contraceptive has not been used.
- Against the background of acne formation, body temperature rises and lymph nodes increase.
- At the site of the rash, wounds remain that do not heal for a long time.
- Acne causes painful sensations of a high degree of intensity.
In the presence of these conditions, only a doctor will be able to accurately determine the cause of the rashes and draw up the most effective treatment regimen.
If a pimple crawls out on a female intimate place, you need to contact a gynecologist or dermatovenerologist. At the reception, the doctor conducts the primary diagnosis, which consists in interviewing and examining the patient. The specialist must provide information on how long ago acne appeared on the genitals, whether there are any disturbing symptoms (except for rashes), whether there has been sexual contact in the last 1-2 months, especially unprotected.
After the survey, the doctor examines the patient in a gynecological chair. He evaluates the type, shape, size, soreness of acne, the condition of the skin and mucous membrane. Based on the data received, the doctor prescribes a set of studies to identify the causes of rashes.
Methods for the diagnosis of acne in a female intimate place:
- A smear on the microflora. It is considered one of the most informative ways. Biomaterial is the secret of the cervical canal, cervix and vagina. Their fence is not accompanied by pain and is well tolerated by patients. With the help of a smear, inflammatory processes and diseases can be detected at an early stage of their development.
- PCR analysis. The biomaterial for the study is the contents of the cervix, urethra, cervical canal or vagina. The method is informative in relation to any pathogens.
- IFA. The biological material is venous blood. During the study, the presence of antibodies to various infections is detected. ELISA is prescribed for the detection of syphilis, chlamydia and other viral pathologies.
- Scraping. Biological material obtained from the vagina, cervix, urethra or cervical canal is placed in a favorable environment for the growth of bacteria. During the study, it is possible to detect almost all infections.
- Ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs. It is necessary to detect pathologies of the reproductive system.
- Clinical analysis of blood and urine. It is prescribed to detect diseases of other organs and systems if they are suspected.
The choice of methods is carried out by the doctor based on his assumptions. In some cases, to make an accurate diagnosis, it is enough to evaluate the results of a smear on the microflora.
The treatment regimen directly depends on the cause of the appearance of rashes. Drug treatment of acne on the genitals of a woman consists in taking or externally using anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agents. If the rashes are accompanied by painful sensations, the doctor may advise painkillers.
Acne removal can be done in several ways. If papillomas are detected, they are resected. If a woman is concerned about small abscesses, the doctor opens them with all the rules in order to prevent the secondary infection from joining. If a complication occurs in the form of boils, a gynecologist or dermatovenerologist sends the patient to the surgeon.
To prevent the appearance of rashes in an intimate place, you need to regularly visit a doctor and treat all identified diseases in a timely manner. If the skin is very sensitive, it is recommended to refuse to shave the bikini area with a machine. In this case, it is advisable to use a quality cream for depilation.
It is important to pay due attention to hygiene. It is not recommended to carry out activities using soap and special means. The latter contain substances that can enhance irritation. Hygiene using baby soap is recommended.
Acne on the female genital organs may not pose a health hazard, but often they are a symptom of serious illness. When they appear, you need to pay attention to the shape, size, soreness and related symptoms. It is important to consult a doctor in a timely manner to identify the cause of the rash.