Thrush is one of the most common female diseases. And often after a diagnosis is made in women, the question arises of whether it is necessary to follow a diet during treatment, in particular, is it possible to drink kefir with thrush? Many experts say that it’s not just possible, but necessary.
What is thrush?
This disease develops as a result of the active propagation of fungi of the genus Candida (hence the scientific name candidiasis). These fungi live in almost every healthy body, but at the same time they are in the so-called "sleeping" mode. They are activated only after the influence on the body of negative factors that reduce the human immunity. Moreover, the fungus can develop in the oral cavity, intestines, intimate zones.
The main symptoms of the disease are:
- white plaque;
- curdled discharge.
The danger of thrush is that it is almost impossible to get rid of it once and for all. Any treatment is aimed at eliminating unpleasant symptoms and improving the quality of life comfort.
The treatment is complex. It includes the use of antifungal agents, drugs to strengthen the immune system, the rapid healing of ulcers and wounds. To eliminate the symptoms, normalization of the intestinal microflora is also required, for which purpose the intake of fermented milk products such as kefir is prescribed. In this drink are probiotics of natural origin, which contribute to an increase in beneficial microorganisms in the intestines.
Useful properties of kefir
Kefir is the most useful sour-milk product, but subject to its naturalness. Regular consumption of this drink helps to increase beneficial microorganisms, as well as strengthen the immune system. This is due to the presence of beneficial bacteria, a large number of vitamins and minerals.
Kefir with thrush:
- prevents the growth and spread of pathogenic fungi (perhaps this is due to the presence of lactobacilli, bifidobacteria and acidophilus bacillus in the composition);
- restores the level of lactic acid as a result of normalization of the balance of bacteria in the intestine;
- helps to eliminate toxins from the body;
- improves the digestive system, normalizes intestinal motility, slows down the process of decay;
- helps to strengthen the immune system, which prevents the transition of the disease into a chronic form and the occurrence of relapses of the disease;
- beneficial effect on metabolic processes.
Such a positive effect on the body of kefir with thrush is possible only if it is used regularly. But you need to remember that treatment should be comprehensive, and you cannot get rid of the disease with one drink. Therefore, if any unpleasant symptoms appear, you should consult a doctor to prescribe the necessary funds.
How to make the right choice?
With thrush, you can drink kefir, it helps to get rid of the unpleasant manifestations of the disease and prevent its re-development, but for this you need to use the right product of good quality. Kefir is effective:
- as fresh as possible with a short shelf life (no more than 7 days);
- fat content of 1-3.2%, since there are simply no beneficial bacteria in a low-fat drink;
- with live cultures of bacteria (this information can be read on the packaging).
The most useful kefir for treating thrush is the one that was made at home. In this case, there will be absolute confidence in the absence in the composition of any chemicals that artificially increase the shelf life of the product.
Rules for the treatment of candidiasis
Traditional medicine experts say that you can drink kefir with thrush three times a day (this will help eliminate unpleasant symptoms in a short time). This method of treatment is effective in the initial stages of the disease (in this case, taking medications is not always required).
With the appearance of complications, one kefir can not do. Despite the prevalence of the disease, as well as its apparent frivolity, candidiasis is a dangerous disease, ignoring which can lead to consequences such as infertility. Therefore, you must strictly adhere to the doctor's prescriptions. This applies not only to medication, but also to diet.
When choosing this method of treatment, contraindications should be taken into account (they are relevant only when taken orally):
- increased acidity of the stomach;
- peptic ulcer.
In the presence of these contraindications, you can drink kefir, but only during the day after its preparation.
Features of kefir diet with thrush
If thrush has been diagnosed, you need to drink kefir at the same time as you refuse some foods. Among them:
- strong tea, coffee;
- any flour products, including pastries, bread;
- sweet fruits and berries;
- fresh milk, sour cream;
- hard cheese;
- spices and spices.
Almost all sour-milk products have a positive effect on the treatment of thrush, therefore, in addition to kefir, you can include fermented baked milk, natural yogurt, and yogurt in the diet. Useful are steamed vegetables, cereals, poultry, sea fish.
Rules for the use of kefir with candidiasis
Kefir with thrush can be used according to the following rules:
- it is best to drink the product on an empty stomach, and only after that you can start eating, and preferably not immediately, but after 30 minutes;
- you can drink it as much as you like per day, but the minimum daily dose should be 500 ml (drinking 1 cup of kefir per day has a beneficial effect on the state of the body, but does not help eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of candidiasis);
- drinking kefir is better in the morning after waking up, before bedtime and before each meal.
If the use of this product becomes the rule, then it will be possible to forget not only about thrush, but also about other diseases caused by pathogenic microorganisms. In addition, the presence of beneficial bacteria in the intestine has a beneficial effect on the immune system, which improves the general condition of a person and his resistance to diseases.
How to make compresses and lotions?
Answering the question whether kefir is possible with thrush, we can say that candidiasis can be cured with this product, not only by using it inside, but also by making compresses and lotions. Most often, this method is used to treat the disease in men (they have less risk of developing thrush, but nevertheless the representatives of the stronger sex are not protected from this fungus).
To carry out the procedure, a cotton swab needs to be dipped in kefir and then applied to the affected area (the effectiveness of this method has been proven in the case of simple wiping, but you need to do this often and regularly).
Douching helps to normalize the vaginal microflora, since the beneficial bacteria in a fermented milk drink directly come into contact with a pathogenic fungus and slow down their activity.
The method of syringing with kefir for thrush (reviews are mostly positive) is no different from the one that uses various medicinal decoctions. To carry out the procedure you need:
- To wash the vagina, you can use a neutral soap or a special gel for intimate hygiene.
- Type kefir into the douching pear. It is previously recommended to collect boiling water in a pear so that its cavity is sanitized. You need to disinfect the tip of the pear before introducing it into the vagina.
Insert the tip of the pear into the vagina, then press the tool so that the kefir gets inside.
- After the procedure, you can wash yourself again, but with clean water.
The procedure is not recommended for women during pregnancy, especially in the later stages, as this can provoke a premature birth.
The use of cotton swabs for thrush
This method of therapy is considered the most effective in treating thrush with kefir at home. To use it, you need to moisten a cotton swab in a fresh sour-milk product, after which it should be placed in the vagina, where it should be left for 5-10 minutes. To increase efficiency, it is recommended to wash the vagina with a decoction of chamomile or oak bark before using the swab (they have antiseptic, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties).
Kefir is a simple and affordable tool that can regulate the level of lactic acid in the body and cope with the manifestations of thrush. There are methods that require both internal and external use of the product, but the effectiveness of treatment depends on the complex effect. Therefore, kefir is indispensable. Kefir procedures need to be combined with taking medications prescribed by a doctor.