Menopause is a physiological condition accompanied by involution (reverse development) of the reproductive system, which occurs against the background of age-related changes in the body of a woman. At this stage, hormonal changes begin in the ovaries, hypothalamus and pituitary gland, which lead to the gradual extinction of menstruation.
Can there be menopause at 40?
Menopause in women most often occurs on average after 52. However, there are frequent cases when the childbearing process ends in 38-40. This phenomenon is considered to be early, it is not so common, its negative effects at the moment can be easily solved with the help of modern medicine. It is characterized by symptoms that are standard for such a period, namely, an increase in the level of gonadotropins in the blood, a decrease in estrogen, hot flashes are often observed, and menstruation ceases altogether. In this case, menopause occurs for a long time and is difficult.
Most often, when a woman crosses the fifty-year boundary, multiple changes begin to occur in her body:
- significantly reduces the pituitary gland;
- the functionality of the ovaries is impaired;
- hormone production decreases.
As a result, the natural possibility of childbearing is dying away, that is how normal menopause goes. If all these symptoms occur in the body at 35–40 years, then this is considered an early menopause. The reasons for this phenomenon can be many:
- Hereditary predisposition. If in a family of a grandmother or mother, a hormonal decline began around this period, then there is a high probability that the younger generation will wait for the same problem .
- The abuse of tobacco and alcohol can also cause an early menopause of 40 years.
- If various infectious diseases were transferred at a young age, then in the future they may have an effect on the sexual activity of a woman.
- Scientifically proven fact is that residents of megacities are much more prone to the onset of early menopause. The reason for this is continuous stress, a crazy rhythm of life, poor ecology. Therefore, the residents of a megalopolis often have an early menopause.
- Menopause in women 40 years old (the symptoms are described in the article) can be expected due to various autoimmune diseases, childbirth with problems and operations on the internal organs of the small pelvis.
Studies have confirmed that those taking hormonal contraceptives are less prone to premature menopause. No matter how old such transformations take place, they cannot be stopped.
The symptoms of menopause in women at 40 are different, but it is especially difficult:
1. The menstrual cycle changes, namely, the duration between secretions increases and the amount of blood decreases. It also happens that in one month they are scarce, and in the second - abundant.
2. Hormonal failure, accompanied by a decline in estrogen levels, which reduces the strength of the muscles of the pelvic floor, which leads to the omission of the walls of the uterus and vagina. The same thing happens with the urethra and bladder, which is fraught with incontinence.
3. Significantly reduces the absorption of calcium by the intestines and increases its output from the body. If no action is taken, osteoporosis will begin to develop.
4. Climax at the age of 40 is fraught with a decrease in susceptibility to infectious diseases, as well as to temperature fluctuations. As a result, blood sugar and cholesterol levels may increase, disorders of the cardiovascular, endocrine and metabolic systems may occur.
5. Tides often occur, namely heat attacks lasting several minutes, mainly at night, libido decreases. Also characteristic are headaches, mood swings, drowsiness, palpitations, irritation and loss of strength.
Symptoms of menopause in women at 40 years of age are observed for a long time, during this period it is necessary to visit a doctor. He will prescribe therapeutic treatment, as well as adjust nutrition and daily routine.
Menopause is closely connected with the psycho-emotional background. It is proved by specialists that at this time astheno-neurotic syndrome may occur. A woman begins to be subject to constant neurosis, becomes tearful, dissatisfied with her appearance, lifestyle and familiar surroundings. It is difficult for her to accept the fact that the peak of her sexual and physical activity has come to an end. It is hard to realize to any person, especially the fair sex. Some try to regain their former youth through appearance, do expressive hairstyles and makeup, and also wear defiant outfits. In fact, this is the usual escape from reality. It is advisable to receive support and understanding from relatives at such moments.
It is quite possible to conceive a child during menopause , as this will not bring the body any special complications. If menopause came in 40 years, then you should not give up on yourself as a mother. According to doctors, giving birth to a baby in this condition is quite possible. For this, experts recommend using IVF. Various donor programs can help make a child genetically similar to the mother. Especially if you choose the egg of one of the closest relatives. The acquired symptoms of menopause at the age of 40 are not a reason to give up all the joys of motherhood.
Any changes unplanned by nature are not good. First of all, the appearance suffers:
- skin becomes loose in the face, hands and neck;
- the first wrinkles appear;
- pigmentation is manifested;
- the sides, buttocks, hips, chest and abdomen increase.
Climax at the age of 40 brings with it hormonal changes that can provoke the development of dangerous diseases, including malignant and benign neoplasms.
Menopause has a special place in gynecology, as every woman inevitably encounters it, some a little earlier, and the rest later.
It is important to monitor blood cholesterol. For this, a lipid complex analysis is submitted, and then the obtained data is kept under constant control in order to maintain health for as long as possible. It is also recommended to check the sugar content in order to exclude the latent form of diabetes, which may later manifest itself. Pressure should be measured in the morning and evening.
To diagnose the possible occurrence of osteoporosis, an ultrasound examination is necessary. This is primarily important for those who have relatives who had signs of an early menopause at 40. And also the condition of the mammary glands is checked, for this you need to go through:
- radiothermometry (RTM).
Every month you need to independently monitor the condition of the chest for various hardenings. If this is found, then it is immediately recommended to consult a specialist.
Signs of menopause in women at 40 are very painful and difficult. Thanks to the development of modern medicine, all the symptoms of menopause can be successfully stopped with hormone replacement therapy.
For treatment, drugs with synthetically developed sex hormones - progesterones and estrogens are used. The essence of this technique is to replace the missing components, but in less quantity than the ovary itself produces them. Therefore, therapy is more supportive in nature. All the unpleasant symptoms are smoothed out and stop giving the woman such discomfort, but menopause still cannot completely disappear.
If the use of hormones is not permitted for medical reasons, then the doctor reduces the first signs of menopause at 40 years of age with the help of homeopathic components of the plant analogue of estrogen.
Whichever method of treatment you choose, you should not use drugs on the advice of friends or acquaintances, since this is very dangerous with the most serious consequences. Uncontrolled use of drugs can lead to an exacerbation of all the symptoms that appear, as well as to spur the development of a variety of diseases.
In order to choose the right additives, you need to understand their effect and the benefits that they can bring to the body.
1. Retinol (A) improves the appearance of the skin, restores the ovaries, and also prevents the occurrence of neoplasms in the soft tissues of the uterus, chest and intestines.
2. Ascorbic acid (C) helps strengthen the walls of small capillaries and large arteries. At the time of menopause, it well reduces swelling, which helps to improve the condition of a woman.
3. Vitamin D prevents the aging of connective tissues and brittle bones. And also contributes to the retention and accumulation of calcium in the body. The hormone estrogen stabilizes, as it is responsible for the development of osteoporosis.
4. Thiamine (B1) improves the functioning of the nervous system and heart, normalizes blood pressure and blood circulation.
5. Pyridoxine (B6) helps to strengthen the immune system, helps to increase mental activity, prevents the early aging of the skin.
6. Vitamin E perfectly improves mood, relieves excessive nervousness and irritability.
The use of folk remedies remarkably allows you to remove the negative effects of early menopause. This method of teraii is not recommended to be used as the main one; it is advised as an auxiliary one. You can take some generally accepted recipes into service:
1. Prepare and take tea with the addition of plants that can have a sedative effect (lemon balm, valerian, motherwort, mint, coneflower and hawthorn).
2. With prolonged and heavy bleeding, plants such as shepherd's purse, nettle, or water pepper may be indicated for use.
3. To strengthen the body and general tone, you can use decoctions of lemongrass and ginseng or add their alcohol tinctures to tea.
All these herbs can be found in the pharmacy, and in relation to the recipe they are registered on the package itself.
Despite the girls’s attempts to preserve their youth, the hormonal decline will come anyway - it can be either late or early. Menopause in women of 40 years, the symptoms of which are rather unpleasant, you can hardly feel at all thanks to a balanced diet. Diet must eliminate or minimize calorie foods, fried and fatty foods, pastries, as well as foods with a high percentage of rapidly absorbed carbohydrates. It is still necessary to reduce the consumption of salt, meat and alcohol to the maximum and refer to the principle of fractional nutrition, eat a little, but often by increasing the number of meals to 5-6 times a day.
The most recommended products include all dairy (cottage cheese, kefir, fermented baked milk and hard cheese) and seafood. Sesame seeds and a large number of fresh vegetables and fruits selected by season must be present in the diet, as they contain the most useful vitamins.
Climax at the age of 40 is a condition that causes a large number of unpleasant sensations and changes in life, therefore, in order for a woman to feel better, certain recommendations must be used. It is very important to control your weight and keep it at a specific mark with the help of restrictions:
- on animal fats;
An important aspect is the improvement of bowel function. Therefore, it is recommended not to forget about dried fruits, which include raisins, dried apricots and prunes.
Women smokers should part with their addiction as soon as possible.
- go through a gynecological examination;
- then pass a smear;
- go to an ultrasound examination to determine the condition of the reproductive organs, this is done regardless of complaints and the presence of negative symptoms.
As soon as possible you need to start performing gymnastic exercises, physiotherapy exercises and hiking for 30 minutes every day. It is useful to take a massage course (general) twice a year.
It is required to discuss the results of the study with doctors and decide how great is the need for additional measures after the main treatment (and whether it is at all). This can be attributed to hormone replacement therapy, which helps to overcome menopause in 40 years.
According to women, menopause is a phenomenon that does not bring positive emotions, but rather, during this period, the fair sex feels unwell and complains about feeling unwell. Experts unanimously reiterate that after the first signs appeared, you should definitely consult a doctor, since a decrease in the amount of female hormones can lead to serious diseases. And also doctors do not recommend self-medication, which many people like, the only thing that can be done is to refrain from addictions, alcohol and smoking, and lead an active lifestyle.