Today, all people strive to be slim and beautiful. However, for this, few can completely abandon the consumption of their favorite foods. In this article I want to talk about what a paleo diet is.
What it is
At the very beginning, you need to deal with concepts. So, today not everyone is familiar with the term "paleo diet." What is it? I want to say that the word “Paleolithic” is encrypted in the name, or rather, the Paleolithic era. And the diet itself is suitable for those who are used to living an active life, do not want to give up goodies and at the same time want to maintain a slim, beautiful figure.
The paleo diet is a pretty new name in the world of nutrition. However, it is rapidly gaining popularity. Its main propagandist is the scientist L. Cordain, who says that the principles of nutrition of modern and ancient people are not very different. What does it mean? So, before people ate meat of dead animals, ate eggs, nuts and berries. And at the same time they were slim and healthy. The scientist says that this should be the diet of modern man. In addition, a lifestyle should be similar. Those. sit only during the digestion of food. At another hour, one must be in constant motion.
The paleo diet also has its own specific principles that should be followed.
- You can eat any fresh fruits and vegetables.
- It is necessary to consume all root crops.
- Useful are all dried fruits.
- Be sure to have eggs, seeds and nuts in the diet.
- And, of course, you can’t do without meat. It can even be fatty varieties. Perhaps the consumption of meat offal.
It is believed that when you consume these foods, the body is saturated quite quickly and does not require frequent small snacks. The following point will also be important: with this diet, the consumption of allergens such as gluten protein (found in cereals) and lactose, a simple carbohydrate, is completely eliminated.
I would also like to talk about which foods it allows and which forbids paleo food.
The basis of the diet: fish and seafood, meat (all varieties), poultry, eggs, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables (except potatoes).
Allowed: vegetable oils (olive, linseed, sunflower, avocado and walnut oil), coffee, tea without sugar. You can drink mineral water without gas. Dried fruits and alcohol are allowed (in very small quantities).
It is strictly forbidden: margarine and butter, semi-finished products (sausages, sausages, smoked products, etc.), sweets. You can not eat a variety of seasonings, mayonnaises, ketchups, sauces, honey. It is strictly forbidden to eat salted nuts.
It is also worth mentioning that many people came up with a paleo diet. The reviews of those who have already tried it on themselves are mostly positive. People say that such a diet provides an excellent charge of strength and energy, which is enough for a whole day. In addition, the above food products so well saturate the body with everything necessary that there is no need not only to make any snacks, but also to consume vitamins. Doctors highlight the following positive aspects of this diet:
- It is safe for almost all people. However, if there is a problem with the kidneys, stomach or liver, it is best to consult a doctor first.
- All the above foods include the maximum amount of nutrients that a person needs for a normal life.
- This diet involves abundant water consumption, which in normal life, most often people forget.
- The diet excludes the consumption of fried foods that are harmful to the body. Food should be boiled, stewed, steamed.
However, with all this, it is necessary to highlight the “convenient” for all sides of this diet:
- No need to count calories, overeat.
- You can quickly get used to this diet. In addition, the desire to eat a bun or something sweet as a snack quickly disappears (and this is the main source of fat gain).
- You can eat at any time, with anyone and as you like. There are no restrictions on meals until 6 pm, you do not need to take small or huge breaks between meals.
Cons of diet
However, the paleo diet has some disadvantages. This also needs to be told.
- Such a diet is likely not to appeal to all households. Therefore, you have to cook yourself separately. In addition, not everyone at work will understand why it is better to abandon sweets with coffee in favor of a full snack.
- Have to do physical exercises. This diet provides the best results only together with feasible physical stress on the body.
- This diet involves the consumption of exclusively natural foods. Such today, unfortunately, cost more than semi-finished products. Well, to find them is not so easy, they will definitely not be in the nearest stall.
- There are no contraindications to its use, but there are limitations. If everything is not OK with the body, it is better to consult a doctor before starting a meal in this mode.
So, paleo diet. The menu for this power mode may be as follows.
- Rice or buckwheat - 80 grams.
- Vegetable salad (seasoned with vegetable or olive oil - 1 tablespoon).
- Chicken fillet (100 grams).
Snack. Nuts - 50 grams.
Dinner. What kind of lunch does a paleo diet suggest? The menu for the second main meal can be as follows:
- Low-fat fish (100 grams).
- Cucumber - 1 piece.
Snack. Pear or apple.
- Boiled eggs - 2 pieces.
- Vegetable salad (seasoned with 1 tablespoon olive oil).
If someone liked the aforementioned paleo diet, recipes for preparing various dishes from permitted products - here is what else I want to talk about.
- Broccoli soup. To cook it, you must first cook the chicken broth, add onions, carrots, broccoli to it. Cook everything until broccoli is soft (it takes about 15 minutes).
- Smoothies. Two bananas, two green apples and two kiwi must be cut. All this is placed in a blender, a little water and ice is added. Everything is whipping.
- Salad. It is necessary to mix 100 grams of shrimp, lettuce, one bunch of cilantro, 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds, one clove of garlic. Everything is seasoned with lemon juice. Salt, pepper - to taste.