Blizzard released StarCraft reissue
Blizzard has announced the release of a
re-released version of Starcraft. On their website, the developers said that they worked “with love” on an updated version of the original and Starcraft: Brood War. Now the game is already available for purchase in digital form in the company's store
In addition to graphics, the developers have added a number of functions for multiplayer, which, according to them, are able to make the original game even more exciting. There are lists of champions, cloud storage, plus the updated game is compatible with the original.
“We understand how much StarCraft and Brood War mean for the entire game community, so our first priority when working on StarCraft: Remastered was to improve what we could by leaving the original intact,” said Mike Morheim, CEO of Blizzard Entertainment. He also added that it does not matter who plays the updated version - new or already experienced player. The pleasure will be able to receive both.
Here is a list of major changes and additions:
- Full update of the graphic component of StarCraft and StarCraft extensions: Brood War;
- Adding support for modern monitors and TVs, up to 4K;
- Matchmaking and Champions List;
- Individual player profiles with tracking game statistics;
- Cloud storage, hot buttons, riplay;
- Improving the sound of music and sounds;
- The ability to switch between the original version of the game and the version of Remastered with one click.
In Russia, the cost of StarCraft: Remastered is 600 rubles. By the way, in April of this year, the company released the first patch in eight years StarCraft: Brood War, which makes the game completely free.
The original game appeared in the spring of 1998.