Imagine that you have a PC based on the conventional GeForce GTX 1080.
It is not excluded that you are an ardent gamer, but the dynamics of prices for this video card suggests that it’s not only in games:
How much does one such “machine” earn per day, if you use it exclusively for mining? Approximately 25 Megakhesh per second, or about $ 1.5 per day
, if you extract Etherium.Proof
Now in the Playkey, we are renting hundreds of servers, but not from private users, but from hosting providers. Servers with GPUs are few and expensive, so we are leasing them. And here we had a brilliant idea: why not use the "iron" of users instead of the "iron" from greedy hosters? We had some simple calculations.
For example, in Playkey, the maximum cost of an hour of play is no more than 49 rubles (according to the most “expensive” “Training” tariff, just for one hour). Even if we imagine that with the introduction of the p2p model, service prices will fall by half ( and we only need it to have more players use Playkey
), then one miner machine can earn about $ 10 a day (and not completely ). Instead of $ 1.5 for 24 hours of extraction of the air.
But let's go in order.
Decentralized "cloud" Playkey. How it works?
The general idea is clear: to “tie” the existing P2P client and blockchains to the simplicity of the calculations between the ecosystem participants. In such a decentralized system, any owner of a powerful gaming horse (let's call it "miner") will be able to rent out his "hardware", and a gamer with a weak computer for a fee will be able to get remote access to it. In this case, the player can choose the server closest to him and the most suitable in terms of characteristics. You can pay for the game cryptocurrency on a smart contract.
Playkey wants to create a fundamentally new gaming platform where anyone can become a computing power provider, from individuals to large data centers and professional miners. This will allow top video card owners to earn more money than mining cryptocurrency, and gamers to play their favorite games anywhere on any device connected to the Internet for a small fee. And given the experience and expertise of the team from Playkey, we are close to implementing such an idea like no other.
Playkey P2P technology will give users the ability to create more and more cloud servers themselves. In this whole story, game developers will be actively involved, providing new items straight from the stove.
Moreover, you can immediately imagine a lot of prospects that will turn gaming from Playkey into a whole separate economic sphere. At a minimum: instant bets on eSports, or "gaming duels", where participants throw off tokens to the obshchak, and then fight for them. All these operations can be carried out via smartcontract.
For the service, it does not matter whether you bought such pumped iron for mining, or only for gaming - it is important that now this resource can be leased to other players.
So, how will Playkey work from the player’s and miner's point of view:From gamer's standpoint:
After registering on the site, the gamer automatically receives its own CT-wallet, after which:
1. Download Playkey client
2. Replenishes your wallet with special tokens, acquiring them for real money or cryptocurrency.
3. Selects a convenient server for itself, based on criteria such as: ping, location, server reputation and the cost of playing on it.
4. Enters a smart contract with a miner and enjoys the game.
In the future, it is planned to automate the process of finding a server based on the parameters that the gamer himself sets.From the miner's position:
1. The miner registers on the site and gets its own PKT wallet.
2. Download a special server program to a computer that will "rent"
3. After installing the application completely customizes it
4. It downloads the Playkey game client, in which it sets a price for using its server, after which a special form of transaction with a “lease” contract is created.
5. Waiting for a gamer who chooses his server, signs a transaction and receives tokensWhy do we believe in p2p gaming?
The first is that after the video, music and other services, the gaming industry is also striving for “clouds”. We are introducing the share economy model in gaming: instead of buying a gaming PC (which stands idle 90% of the time), you can rent a powerful remote server for the right time. Plus, the top PC bought today in a year or two will not “pull” the new items again. If you look at the statistics Steam
, then about 70% of users will not be able to run the same Dishonored 2 at high graphics settings due to lack of video memory. This is an endless race.
Experts predict that the next generation of consoles may be the last, which has an "iron" component.
- Peter Moore (CEO of Electronic Arts): " I doubt that consoles will look like we used to see them. Games will be available in the cloud, so there will simply be no need for powerful hardware. If you and I want to play Battlefield 2 , then we just jump on the nearest monitor, running the game on the cloud. It is much cheaper and easier than buying a game console. "
- Yves Guillemoz (CEO of Ubisoft): " ... I think that one more thing will be released - the last is a generation of consoles, after which everyone will switch to streaming services ... "
- Katsuhiro Harada (director and producer Tekken / Bandai Namco): "The Playstation 5 is likely to be just a controller and a screen. So, all we have left is just the name of the service "
And the possibilities of tokenization of such digital projects as Playkey that have opened today provide fantastic opportunities for scaling, decentralization and accelerated transition of gaming to the “cloud”.
You ask how the problem with ping is solved in a decentralized system? Now it is the main problem of all cloud gaming services. And with the P2P model, you will have to add ping with the miner. Here we must bear in mind the following:
1. The centralized scheme allows you to install servers in large cities, but the regions remain without points of presence at all. For example, all our users from Russia are now playing on servers located in Moscow. European users play on servers in Frankfurt and London. Because of this, players from Vladivostok also play through Moscow, and the Spaniards connect to Frankfurt. To cover the whole world with servers is expensive and time consuming. Decentralization solves the problem at once: with the P2P model, miners will appear at once in the most different regions of the world. And ping will be lower.
2. Let's say the miner has a very bad internet connection. Even if he is very close to the player, this case will not save. We are planning to solve this problem with the help of the SLA standardization (service level agreement). It obliges the miner to “still at the entrance” to ensure the decent quality of her node, so that the Internet is high-speed, and the “hardware” allows you to run games at 30-60 fps. Playkey Foundation, the managing organization consisting of miners and owners of tokens, will develop the standards. A smart contract between the miner and the player will automatically control the fulfillment of session conditions.
3. To insure on launch, we also plan to highlight the direction of “Pro Miners” - professional data centers, which, together with miners, will be able to guarantee a high level of service.
In the future, Playkey could become the core for building a wider gaming ecosystem, within which users will create, sell and buy everything related to games, services. This will strengthen the position of the entire ecosystem, provide maximum opportunities for business development to service providers and minimum prices for gamers, and, accordingly, increase the attractiveness of tokens.
In the summer, the Playkey project raised
over $ 2.8 million from Russian funds. But besides this money, we want to use the funds from the ICO (Initial coin offering) to start the updated project. For those who have not yet swallowed this rainbow future: ICO is like Kickstarter, only for startups on the blockchain:
- Anyone who wants to "invest" in the service, in return receiving a special currency: Playkey Tokens.
- Awaiting ICO completion
- Follows the growth of the company and the prices of tokens
- He decides how to dispose of his PKT, at the right time selling and buying them. Or using them as a domestic currency for the Playkey itself.
- Gets the maximum benefit
How to participate?
The ICO campaign has already begun, the sale of tokens is scheduled for early November, and in order to catch a decent share of tokens at a special price, it makes sense to follow the news of the service - the tokens on the pre-sale often fly away in the first hours.
Read us here, on the blog on Medium, on the site playkey.io
, follow our thread on the bitcointalk
forum or on Twitter
. We will tell everything.