We have already dedicated Amazon to the blog materials of our payment blockchain service, Wirex . In this article, we publish the release of the Amazon Sumerian platform for creating 3D spaces for VR and AR. This solution is another element of the Amazon ecommerce ecosystem, which may create the basis for the development of VR and AR-based consumer experience.
Futuristic technologies from Star Wars and Star Trek are gradually becoming a reality. Amazon Sumerian
platform will allow you to create your own three-dimensional virtual reality and augmented reality characters or to reproduce already existing images.
With the help of "Sumer", the user can create cross-platform worlds for Oculus, HTC Vive, iOS devices with WebVR browsers, and also soon after the appearance of support, and on Android with ARCore.
The list of functions of the platform includes:
- Editor: Web editor for creating three-dimensional scenes, special effects, importing resources, writing script interactions and the possibility of cross-platform publishing.
- Object library: a library of objects and templates.
- Importing resources: the user can upload 3D resources for his scene. Sumerian supports FBX, OBJ, and in the future Unity projects.
- Characters: animated, realistic three-dimensional characters with a choice of gender, voice and language.
- Integration with Amazon Web Services: Amazon Polly and Amazon Lex are built into the service to add characters and common languages to characters. In addition to this, the library of scripts can be supplemented with AWS Lambda technology, allowing you to select a wide range of AWS services.
Since Sumerian does not require experience with 3D or programming to create deeply developed interactive VR and AR-scenes, we can enter the control panel and check how everything is arranged.
A scene can be created by pressing one simple button.
As a result, a new scene opens in the editor, and you can immediately begin importing new resources.
Click on the Import Asset button, select the Room resource and click Add to import.
Fine. The resource was successfully imported into the Sumerian editor and displayed in the corresponding panel on the left. Now you can drag the room object from the panel into the editor window, thereby adding it to the scene.
You can do the same with the Mannequin object and add it to the room.
So the user can create a simple three-dimensional scene using Amazon Sumerian in just a few minutes, getting acquainted with the most basic features of the editor.
Amazon Sumerian is a simple service for building, building, and launching VR, AR, and 3D applications. This creative tool does not require knowledge in the field of three-dimensional graphics or programming and allows you to import FBX, OBJ and Unity-objects, as well as upload your own 3D-resources for later use in scenes. In addition, the user can create digital characters with a unique appearance, and voice accompaniment with the choice of the desired language.
To get started with Amazon Sumerian, you must register
. Useful information for beginners is available in this guide