Increased productivity or the destruction of entire industries? Assumptions about the impact of artificial intelligence on the economy are completely opposite. But honestly, no one knows exactly how the intervention of autonomous software
that is capable of making decisions will affect our world.
However, there are reasons for moderate optimism: new posts are already being created thanks to AI boom, as the Glassdoor study shows
. More about his main conclusions - under the cut.
Some of the vacancies that appeared are quite obvious, such as AI system developers, researchers, and managers of such projects. The most popular position
associated with AI is a software engineer. This vacancy accounts for 11% of job listings posted on the Glassdoor website.
However, some of the new professions are less technical and more indirectly related to AI. So, Glassdoor notes the need for copywriters, who will prescribe chat chat dialogs. Emerging markets such as the production of smart voice assistants generate demand for a new kind of UX designers. There is a need for lawyers specializing in varieties of intellectual property - which is relevant for news written by artificial intelligence for magazines and newspapers.Top 15 jobs in the field of AI in the US
Source: Glassdoor Economic Research. Data for October 2017.Unusual jobs in the field of AI
|AI Profession||Number of vacancies on Glassdoor||Vacancy rate on Glassdoor,%|
|Technical Program Manager||9||2|
|Business Development Manager||7||one|
|Training and Development Specialist||6||one|
|Research team member||6||one|
|Technical Commerce Specialist||five||one|
|Financial Services Specialist||four||one|
In addition to the 15 most common vacancies listed above, there are other, much less obvious ones. Here are some examples:
- copywriters who write chatbots dialogs;
- Intellectual property lawyers created with the participation of AI ;
- technical sales directors who promote innovation and look for potential customers;
- AI strategy analysts and consultants - provide strategic advice to employers using or creating AI technologies;
- marketers - raise awareness and provide the maximum client base for AI developers;
- UX designers - create attractive and easy-to-use interfaces for AI products.
Thus, the AI, although it makes some professions obsolete due to the automation of processes, simultaneously creates new vacancies. This situation is a classic example of what economists sometimes call " creative destruction
."Top 15 employers employing talents in the field of AI and deep learning in the US
Source: Glassdoor Economic Research. Current vacancies on Glassdoor containing the terms "artificial intelligence" or "deep learning" on October 20, 2017.
|Employer||Number of vacancies on Glassdoor||The proportion of vacancies on Glassdoor,%|
In addition, experts in the field of artificial intelligence are looking for:
- financial giants: Fidelity, Capital One and Goldman Sachs;
- consulting firms: Booz Allen Hamilton, EY and McKinsey & Company;
- leading government agencies: NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, the US Army and the Federal Reserve Bank.