The Consumer Electronics Show 2018 is held in Las Vegas from January 9 to 12. And what yesterday was a prediction or future, today, on Saturday, January 13, 2018, becomes a trend. All three days we followed the sessions and exhibits in a non-stop mode and outlined the best for you. Read, discuss - the world changed only yesterday.Only this duck deserves to symbolize CES
Intel insiders: CES king and January facker
In October 2017, Intel announced the release of a 17-qubit quantum chip, but on the very threshold of CES, on January 8, 2018, the company introduced a 49-qubit chip, effectively determining its quantum superiority. While the new chip is codenamed "Tangle Lake". When the chip will be available for use is not yet known.CNET Photo
An Intel Loihi test chip with artificial intelligence was also mentioned - the company said that it has a fully functioning neuromorphic chip that is already undergoing laboratory tests.
Intel will also be the technology partner of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, and VR technologies will be deployed using Intel True VR. Inside the playing fields and winter tracks, 360-degree cameras will be placed, “stitched” into a single media canvas using software. Fans of winter sports will be able to choose the angle from which they want to see the competition. Also, cameras will be placed on the helmets of hockey players. Intel's partner in media experiments will be Paramount Pictures.
Intel also announced a joint project with Ferrari North America - during races drones will shoot videos and use artificial intelligence to analyze information and transmit telematics data to pilots and engineers in real time. These technologies are expected to change the quality and content of television broadcasts. Already this year, the project will be tested on the Ferrari Challenge North America Series.
Of course, Meltdown and Specter were not spared. Intel is the company most affected by these two New Year exploits. At the CES scene, Intel made a commitment to fix 90% of affected processors released in the past 5 years by the end of this week. The remaining 10% promise to fix by the end of January.
In addition, Intel introduced many new technologies for transport, drones, entertainment, etc. The present journalists and experts mark Intel’s presentation as one of the most impressive.
CES laptops: slim, powerful, two-in-one
Laptops on CES are many and different. Top brands of the world presented their best news. Of course, this is all very expensive, but no less cool. The selection is definitely worthy of attention.
- From our point of view, the top worker in this section is a PDA in the style of "I am from the 90s." Stylish clamshell with a QWERTY-keyboard and powerful stuffing: 10-core processor, 64 GB of memory, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth. Modelka can be ordered through Indiegogo. So-so prices: $ 599 for 4G LTE, and $ 499 for a version with Wi-Fi.
- Acer Swift 7 this year will obviously compete for the title of the thinnest laptop - with a price of $ 1699 and a thickness of 8.98 mm.
- HP continued what was started last year and introduced Specter x360, a split-personality notebook: on the one hand, it’s a high-performance laptop, on the other, a tablet. On board the machine is a quad-core Intel Core i-Series of the eighth generation and graphics Radeon RX or Nvidia GeForce MX 150 to choose from. By March, you can dig up, the price will start from $ 1370.
- Acer's Switch 7 Black Edition is another two-in-one device with a Wacom EMR stylus included. This magic feather of 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity is a great story for designers and artists. The laptop is equipped with an 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor, an Nvidia MX150 graphics chip, 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB SSD. Price - from $ 1700.
- Lenovo rolled out the update of its line in the form of ThinkPad X1 and Yoga X1 - the world's first laptops on Windows with support for Dolby Vision HD.
While all these expensive monsters have not entered the market, you can acquire powerful gaming computers and good working laptops. We have compiled for you a rating of one of the most popular gadgets on Gearbest. And even made your page based on CES .
In the same section, we will take another device that deserves special and close attention. Hyperkin Ultra Game Boy is a time machine for gamers with a monochrome display, a simple speaker and a bulky design. However, this is one of the most iconic gaming devices ever created. It boasts a large library of 8-bit games, competing with the console of Nintendo, Sega Game Gear and Atari Lynx. Hyperkin Ultra Game Boy is an improved version of the original Nintendo hardware encased in a sturdy aluminum shell.CNET Photo
In the meantime, this miracle is inaccessible to users and is just beginning its way, you can look at the very popular gamepad GPD WIN Handheld PC Game Console . By the way, in a strong case and with a bunch of ports for such a device.
CES is always rich in various gadgets and non-standard gadgets, but this year just some satiety - so amazing that you can not choose a list of interesting "toys."
- 3D printer da Vinci Nano 3D - monochrome mini-printer for the home and, for example, school for $ 229 from the summer of 2018. A toy of pure water, but promises to be interesting.
- The Magik Toothbrush, which uses computer vision technology, tracks movements and uses the front-facing camera of a smartphone for augmented reality — brushing your teeth will destroy the monsters in the game.
- L'Oreal has released a sticker on the nail, which is a UV radiation sensor and gives a signal about dangerous places.
- Most likely, a self-propelled suitcase will be launched this year, ready to follow you at a speed of 11 km / h (this is the speed of a good run).
- Kodak has returned to extremely noisy - they have developed a blockchain platform to protect the intellectual rights of photographers and go to ICO with their cryptocurrency KodakCoin. Experts estimate the company's chances of success as very high.
Meanwhile, at Gearbest, interest in such miners appeared much earlier than CES, which is not surprising with such a rush around Bitcoin. For example, pre-orders for AntMiner S9 are now being issued at a price of
$ 5699 $ 4,999.99 with a coupon AntMinerS9 (30 times).
And T-bao FM01 Ethereum is already actively selling. Price $ 5015. We have a coupon - CoinGB . With him, the price will be $ 3,999.11.
If you want to build your farm, then everything for mining is collected on our promo page .
- Voice technologies continue to master the world. Samsung and LG announced that voice assistants will be included in the updated line of TVs in 2018: Bixby from Samsung and Google Assistant from LG. Bixby will also get into the Samsung smart refrigerators, but LG will use the Alexa Amazon for these purposes. In general, CES 2018 is the battlefield of voice technology.
And yes, on this CES there were a lot of AR and VR. So far, everything is in the playing field, but it seems that these technologies are still destined to live and develop, although you can hear everything from experts.
Yes, and we noticed that the frequency of purchases of glasses and virtual reality helmets is growing. For example, PIMAX 4K UHD Virtual Reality 3D PC Headset and Original Xiaomi PLAY2 3D VR Headset are in demand and receive excellent reviews. This is not surprising - these two models are already stable and thoughtful gadget, and not the first sickening, dizzying experiments.
CES smartphones: gamer, tank and crimson rose
Even traveling on reports from CES, you can see that smartphones and, in general, the entire telephone history is presented at the exhibition very poorly and almost miserable. But the fact is that the main exhibition of the mobile industry is MWC, and the producers have saved it all. There will definitely be some super flagships and innovations. We are waiting.
- The Vivo smartphone is the first smartphone with a fingerprint scanner right on the screen, without physical buttons. It is expected that this technology will be included in the iPhone and Samsung.
- The Gamer lifestyle Razer has built the phone into a laptop. In this case, the smartphone can be both displayed on the monitor and used as a touchscreen touchpad. They say that due to the quality and speed of response of the sensor, a laptop with a phone can be used by gamers.
- Moviphone introduced a phone with a projector.
- BlackBerry Motion without a keyboard will be sold in the United States, although initially it was available only for the Canadian market. Also, BlackBerry KeyOne was presented in a bronze color - the company is still investing in the development of smartphones with a QWERTY-keyboard.
- LG introduced the LG V30 smartphone in Raspberry Rose color. This is a powerful waterproof phone with a 6-inch display, a Snapdragon processor and two main cameras, one of which is 13-pixel wide-angle. Price promise about $ 800.
- The Huawei Mate 10 Pro Porsche Design for $ 1250 is a luxury smartphone with 256 GB of internal memory, 5.9 "display, a powerful battery and ... without a headphone jack. The camera is equipped with a modest and much-talked" Leica "sign.
- Sony showed a new Xperia camera phone with a wide-angle camera that can take 120-degree photos with a resolution of 8 megapixels and the usual ones with 16 megapixels. What, where, how much - is still unknown.
- Alcatel showed a line of budget smartphones costing less than $ 300.
- Asus ZenFone Max Plus showed a 4,130 mAh battery at a low price of $ 229.
- A powerful and simply fantastically tenacious Rugged Cat S41 smartphone was introduced - a heavy, thick “tank” capable of operating at a depth of 1.8 m and lying at a depth of 2 m for an hour. The smartphone is resistant to shock, dust, vibration, humidity, photographs under water. As a bonus - the battery capacity of 5000 mAh.
And we have top hits in China:
- Xiaomi Mi 6 - a legend from the Chinese brand
- Ulefone ARMOR 4G - secure, strong, almost unkillable phone
- Nubia Z17 Mini - a beautiful, different from the rest, a smartphone. Girlish option for March 8 (hinting)
- And for those who like to control from a smartphone and shoot amazing videos, there is a wonderful, functional and very cool kid-drone DJI Mavic Pro . Life hacking: if you buy it now, then by the summer you can master the management at the “Jedi” level and make super videos even on vacation, at least on traveling around Russia, even in urban landscapes.
TV CES: eyes run up
Surprisingly, this CES is a triumph for TVs of the most incredible formats. It was this trend that LG emphasized, which presented OLED Canyon to visitors - a huge tunnel of 240 displays 28 meters long. This is not a novelty, but the development of the LG idea from 2016. The company, of course, relied on this promo on Instagram - it's impossible not to remove this beauty, although some visitors describe their experience as a “walk through bright hell”.MASHABLE / BRIAN WONG
- Hisense introduced a $ 10,000 TV with a built-in projector, speakers and a 100-inch screen.
- LG offered an 88-inch 8K TV with a resolution of 7680x4320 pixels. But while it is not clear when it can be seen.
- The TV parade continues ... LG. Another new product is the 65-inch 4K display, which can be rolled up into a tube. How it all works and when it appears in the homes of users is a mystery.
- Sony finalized the flagship TV and showed a new version - the 85-inch X900F with LED backlighting. Sony also introduced the Sony LSPX-A1 4K projector with the ability to output a 120-inch image to 4K, including a subwoofer and three speakers. It will cost $ 30,000.
Marketing through the looking glass
“My light, mirror, tell me, yes, tell me the whole truth, am I in the world all the nicer, all the more rosy and whiter?” What, have you not heard such things from your girlfriend, wife or sister? There is nothing left to wait for - soon you will hear, because a smart HiMirror Mini mirror with voice control was presented at CES. The accessory turned out to be talkative: analyze the face, say that yesterday’s beer with a fish before bed was not a woman’s business, show news, tell about the weather and give tips on makeup. This piece of Alexa on board will be available for purchase in the early summer of 2018. However, there is no future around here - in fact, this is a regular tablet that can talk at the expense of an Amazon assistant. And the trick is that so Amazon will be easier to sell cosmetics and all sorts of near-cosmetic pribludy. So in Russia and the CIS there will be no special sense from such a gadget - it will be cheaper to go to Lettual in several times.CNET Photo
And this is not the only mirror at CES. In March promises to appear a smart bathroom mirror Verdera, again with voice control. It is stuffed with sensors, gives the desired level of illumination and other fishes. By the way, on this CES there are surprisingly many plumbing fixtures - smart baths, bathroom components and even a smart toilet with a bidet, auto cleaning, heated feet, air drying, aroma control (!), Music and automatic seat temperature control. By the way, also with Amazon Alexa on board. Euphemism “I'll go talk to the toilet” takes on a completely new meaning.CNET Photo
Foil caps are no longer in trend. That's because the wrong places are protected by citizens, oh, not the ones. The lower (in all senses) Spartan Faraday Cage underwear will help protect the male reproductive function from the dangerous effects of cell phone radiation. These boxers, according to the manufacturer, block 99% of the radiation of a mobile phone and Wi-Fi networks due to the silver fibers woven into the cotton fabric. It was not by chance that they were called Faraday Cage - after the name of the device, invented by Faraday for shielding equipment from external electromagnetic fields. In addition, wearable gadget is also antibacterial. However, we recall that scientists have not yet come to a common opinion about the effect of wireless technologies on the brain, fertility, blood and other parts of the human body.
We accidentally turned on the autotranslator in Google Chrome and here, as he understood the term "nuts". In general, guys, let's take care of nuts and wrenches.
Breaking news: news outside CES
The spinners came in third among search queries on PornHub. We do not know what to do with this information, but it does not come from the head. In general, if suddenly after this news you need to turn them around with more meaningfulness, then something else remains in the warehouses
All spinners can be viewed here
, and we recommend this one in the form of a dollar to you
- then you can confidently say that this dollar of theirs is ... on a finger.
Cars CES: electric cars, logistics and one helicopter
If the author of the article was delegated to CES, and not wool reports and reports for three days, then you would not read a word about phones, laptops and gadgets. There would only be cars, cars and another one, a super electric car for $ 750,000. CES is an electromobile paradise, and this year decent and mostly useful concepts were presented.
- BMW, together with Aptiv Lyft, presented a self-driving car capable of conducting independent trips along specified routes. But the driver’s seat has not been canceled - during the demonstration, the driver was sitting in the cabin for more safety, but did nothing.
- An electric SUV Byton EV was introduced. In the concept of caret, the entire control panel is one huge massive (and not very beautiful) display.
- He was somehow forgotten, but he returned - Faraday Future. A full-fledged SUV FF 91 holds under the hood of 1050 horsepower, accelerates to 100 km / h in 2.39 seconds.
- The Harman Digital Cockpit continued the OLED display on the dashboard, offering a series of screens in the cabin. It is not entirely clear how safe and convenient this is.
- Honda rolled out an impressive and very beautiful Honda 3E-D18 ATV with a powerful suspension and outstanding maneuverability. The scope of its application is the widest: from warehouse logistics to hard-to-reach transportation.
- Hyundai showed a Hyundai Nexo hydrogen-powered car with a rather slow acceleration of up to a hundred - 10 seconds.
- Kia Niro EV - Korean electric car with a 64 kW / h battery, which is enough for 383 km. Space interior!
- Introduced self-propelled 6-seater cabin Navya on an electric motor. It looks cool, but scary to sit down.
- Torc Robotics also brought the car to the autonomous control.
- Toyota introduced a futuristic, but already expected transport and urban delivery services, shuttle. The e-Palette transport platform is suitable for retailers, food companies and trading companies. This is such a cargo container from 4 to 7 meters for the transport of all sorts of things. The car can slowly deliver parcels and products, and its surface is covered with screens on which you can broadcast advertising.
- Workhorse showed off its electric W-15 pickup. The machine is modest, on one charge will stretch 150 km, but on the other hand, no empty promises - in 2019 it will be on the conveyor.
- Intel - the future helicopter Volocopter.
- Automotive designer Henrik Fisker, the creator of the stunning BMW Z8 and not at all the stunning company Fisker Automotive (positioned itself as a competitor to Tesla in the world of elite electric cars), presented the EMotion car at the exhibition. It is a low-powered sports car with a 140-kilowatt battery capable of driving 643 km on one full charge. On board the car also installed 5 lidar. Estimated price - $ 130,000.
- The latest generation Corvette was introduced - a stylish, powerful electric car with ... a 7-speed manual transmission. This is what we understand, driving pleasure! The world's first electric car with manual transmission and 800 hp under the hood is just a very inspirational concept. Fans and mechanics fans can start saving - the supercar will cost $ 750,000.
But all this vain, motley, cool, sometimes stupid, sometimes fantastic, crowded and expensive, fully appropriate to the place where it was held, CES had to be held only for one thing - so that a small plush duck was represented on it. Namely, the robot My Special Aflac Duck or just a duck Aflak. It differs from the variety of exhibition robots: it does not carry coffee, it is not a self-propelled suitcase, it does not sweep the floor or talk to you. It is worth starting with the fact that the producer of the Aflaki duck is a company that has spent $ 120 million to support families faced with childhood cancer.CNET Photo
This robot duck is intended for sick children to divert attention and alleviate the effects of chemotherapy. Numerous sensors react to touch, sound, lighting - duck just as alive. He dances, breathes and he even beats an electric heart. A child can feed and bathe the duck, and she is ready to take heavy chemotherapy procedures with him. To display the child’s well-being and mood, you can use sensory cues: a sad duck quacks with its head down, and the happy one is dancing merrily. A special chemotherapy line shows a child that their furry friend is undergoing the same procedure. The duck is worth about $ 200, but the manufacturer is ready to donate it to all children who have been diagnosed with cancer for the first time.CNET Photo
Several times in the territories of CES, the light went out - the power grid did not withstand such a quantity of electricity consumption. This is symbolic: our world is going crazy - electric cars, hellish devouring cryptocurrency farms, endlessly charged gadgets. Our world raves about love-making boxes and smart baths, cell phones and fitness trackers, drones and chipocalypse. In the glittering Las Vegas, people are shooting on a video camera, as someone is shooting an OLED gallery on a smartphone, and the drone is looking after all of this. The world is not looking for balance - it consumes uncontrollably. But all is not lost yet, while in the depths of the sparklingly-tense halls the duckling of Aflak dances merrily, for which one thing is important - so that its little friend does not hurt. And important to us, right?