Even in our time, you can face pregnancy in minors. It is logical that in this age young girls think about walks, clubs and fans. Unwillingness to give up everything at 16 and become a mother pushes girls to have an abortion.
What is an abortion?
An abortion is an artificial termination of pregnancy, mechanically or chemically. Abortions are spontaneous and artificial. Spontaneous abortion is also called a miscarriage. It occurs in women who have various health problems. Artificial interruption is performed by doctors due to medical or social problems.
In Russia, young girls can have an abortion at age 16. The Law “On the Basics of Protecting the Health of Citizens of the Russian Federation” allows young girls and boys over 15 to seek medical help on their own. This also applies to abortion at age 16.
Up to 12 weeks of pregnancy, the girl can go to any antenatal clinic for an abortion. After 12 weeks, abortions are done only as prescribed by the doctor in case of rape or if pregnancy threatens the health of a 16-year-old girl.
An abortion is performed at 16 years old without parents, so at this age young girls have the right to keep this procedure secret. From the age of 16, doctors have no right to disclose information about the state of their patients to even their parents.
Types of abortions for girls under 18
After 12 weeks, the fetus is already considered a man, so abortion at such terms is equivalent to murder. Before such a procedure, you need to visit a gynecologist. He will prescribe the necessary tests and only then will tell you exactly whether it is possible to have an abortion at 16 to a girl.
Currently, there are 3 known methods of abortion for underage girls:
- Pregnancy up to 7 weeks is interrupted by medical abortion. This is the best option for a young body. It involves taking pills that cause a miscarriage. Despite the gentle effect of the pills, such an abortion at 16 years of age can lead to various problems.
- Vacuum abortion is possible before the 7-8th week of pregnancy. Not all girls can afford the drug method, and the vacuum is done in many clinics according to the medical policy, that is, for free. This termination of pregnancy occurs with the help of a tube inserted into the uterine cavity, which is attached to the vacuum apparatus. Under tremendous pressure, the fetus is drained from the uterus in parts. The consequences of such an intervention will be tantamount to a real surgical operation.
- From 8 to 12 weeks, curettage is possible. This is the most dangerous method to terminate a pregnancy. Such an abortion can be done at age 16 only as directed by a doctor. Curettage or cleaning is carried out under general anesthesia. The girl expands the uterine cavity and scraps the fetus from there in whole or in part. After that, with a special tool, they clean the uterine cavity from the remains of the ovum. After such an abortion at age 16, the girl may face serious diseases of the pelvic organs.
- After 12 weeks and only as prescribed by the gynecologist, an artificial termination of pregnancy is possible. For this, the girl is placed in a hospital and, under the strict supervision of obstetrician-gynecologists, they cause an abortion. This procedure is equivalent to artificially induced childbirth and causes a lot of pain. A saline solution is injected into the uterine cavity, which causes rejection of the fetus from the uterine cavity. After having an abortion at age 16, many girls get enormous stress
How old are abortions?
There is no exact age at which abortion is permissible. In Russia, it is allowed to have abortions from the age of 15, drug-addicted girls from 16 years. If the pregnancy up to 15 years, while the abortion takes place strictly with the permission of the girl's parents.
The earliest known case of abortion, the girl of 11 years, the most recent abortion was in '63. So, abortion is permitted from the time when the body girl or woman ready fetal conception.
Causes of Pregnancy in Underage Girls
Early pregnancies among girls under the age of 18 occur for various reasons. It can be:
- Early maturing girls. At present, many women are already sexually active at 15-16 years and are ready for fertilization.
- Rape. Sexual abuse of a girl can lead to pregnancy.
- Interest in everything new. Many underage couples learn the science of sex together. The desire to learn new things can lead to early pregnancies.
- Lack of training from parents or teachers. Many parents do not tell teenagers about contraception and the consequences of its absence.
- Intentional pregnancy. Many girls intentionally become pregnant in the hope of retaining such a young man.
Do not blame the girl in early pregnancy. It is necessary to look for problems in the social sphere. Problems in the family, at school, poor company - all this can affect an unformed teenager.
How does a girl understand that she is pregnant?
Signs of pregnancy are individual for each girl. Therefore, before planning an abortion at 16, you must be sure that the fetus is already growing inside.
The most common signs of pregnancy:
- The first and main symptom is a delay in the menstrual cycle. If until this time the girl had regular menstruation, then her delay should cause suspicion.
- Nausea or vomiting. It should be noted that nausea during pregnancy is very different from the symptoms of poisoning. Pregnant girl stirs up in the morning in the first trimester.
- In the early stages of pregnancy, the girl may have a larger breast and painful sensations. Often this symptom is similar to the harbinger of the onset of menstruation, but if there is a delay, then pregnancy should not be ruled out.
- Frequent urination. As the uterus grows, it begins to put pressure on the bladder.
- Frequent change of mood. The hormones of the expectant mother begin to change, which entails periodic changes in the behavior and mood of the girl.
The presence of these symptoms does not guarantee that the girl is pregnant. Therefore, before puzzling over whether they will have an abortion at age 16, it is necessary to contact a antenatal clinic. The gynecologist will conduct a visual examination and prescribe tests that will reliably show the presence of pregnancy.
What are the contraindications?
After visiting the gynecologist and receiving the necessary tests, the doctor gives a conclusion on the permission to have an abortion. Nevertheless, since situations are different, far from all young girls give direction to this procedure.
A gynecologist will not be able to allow the mother to have an abortion if there are the following contraindications:
- After 12 weeks of pregnancy, abortion is prohibited, as the small fetus is already considered a man. Exceptions are pregnancy from violence and pregnancy, which threaten the health of the mother.
- If the child's parents have different Rh blood factors, a Rh conflict occurs. If the girl’s first pregnancy, the doctor does not recommend an abortion, as subsequent pregnancies can lead to miscarriages.
- Diseases of the pelvic organs. In this case, treatment is prescribed, and the doctor does not give permission for an abortion at 16 years old. This is done because an abortion can aggravate the disease and further hamper subsequent pregnancies.
- Allergy. It can affect medical abortion if the mother is particularly sensitive to drugs that cause a miscarriage.
- Inflammatory diseases. Abortion can cause inflammation to enter the uterine cavity.
- Poor blood coagulation. Surgical, medical, and vacuum termination of pregnancy can lead to uterine bleeding.
If a young mother doubts whether they have an abortion at 16, then she should definitely visit a gynecologist. The doctor will keep the admission secret, and will advise how best to proceed.
The consequences of abortion
Abortion in 16 years may harm the young mother's body on any terms of its holding. Before deciding on this, each girl gynecologist talks about the possible consequences, among which:
- Uterine bleeding.
- Poor tolerance of anesthesia.
- Damage to the uterus during vacuum and surgical abortions.
- Incomplete cleansing of the uterus from the remnants of the fetus. May even lead to suppuration and removal of the uterus.
- The ingestion of various infections in the uterus.
- Menstrual irregularities.
- Uterine fibroids.
- And even infertility!
Parents, teachers and gynecologists should tell the girl about the beginning of puberty, about sex, about means of protection and about possible pregnancies. In no case should you scold or beat a child for such a thing. It is necessary to treat your daughter with understanding, and if necessary, visit a psychologist.