Meeting with the founder of NSTR Viktor Chernikov
About NSTR on Habré already wrote, but quite a while:
Today in Voronezh, an open meeting was held, where Viktor Chernikov, the founder and CEO of NSTR, talked about industry, company and business. The impressions of the meeting left positive. Victor really is sick of what he does.
I wrote a short compendium, consisting of the main points directly related to the NSTR. I hope I heard and remembered / wrote everything down correctly and there are no actual errors.
The company settled in Voronezh
- The team moved to Voronezh because it is in Voronezh that there are both finances and specialists.
- Starts will not be in Voronezh.
- They may be invited to look at warming up, but security needs to be further improved.
- Under the plant, the authorities gave land. Design seems to be in the final stages. Construction will begin around September.
Finance, business and PR
- The 500 million that was written about in 2017 are stacked, but then funds will be needed.
- The company is 100% Chernikov.
- It works so far freely. There were no attempts to overwhelm the company or somehow mischief. They wanted to buy. Not for sale.
- Launches of rockets with LRE, which was ready in the summer , could have already begun, but care about safety. In particular, refueling is completed without human intervention.
- The cost is lower than everywhere (including in the Russian Federation) by 30%. TTX is better at the same time. Launch cost of 1 million dollars. 100 thousand dollars per kilogram. It can carry from 3 to 10 kg.
- If the foreign market falls off hypothetically, then clients in meteorology are inside. It is worse with space rockets, but Victor believes that this market will eventually be inside the country. He does not want to leave to do business abroad. Only if necessary.
- Long-term goals: own spaceport in the east. 100 - 150 kgf with a return first stage, possibly even on the wing. Probably satellites produce and analyze data from them. Turn into a small full-cycle space agency.
- The goals to earn are not primary. "I would like to make money - I would trade shoes."
- PR is not in the first place. They do not want to lie or exaggerate.
- There are no foreign components or parts in the LRE.
- Additive technologies are used for injectors. The camera is made classically. There were whole conversations to print, but there is no point at this stage.
- Reusability can be done with a weather cannon with a parachute return. There is one one step and flight up to 100 km. The first launch, by the way, will be already with a parachute. For him, just the only foreign part is used, but it won’t go into series in this form. All details will be Russian.
- Whether they will be able to reuse LRE and whether it makes sense is not clear. Burned 5 times normally, but these are lesser loads.